The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-23-2019, 08:35 AM

Default Waverly Tuners with different knobs

I have a Collings C10 with its stock nickel waverly tuners. I like the look of ivoroid knobs compared to nickel and was planning to replace them with the same waverly tuners just with the ivoroid knobs. If I was replaced these, would it compromise the tone of the guitar/tuning stability even if its the direct replacement but just with the different knobs. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-23-2019, 09:04 AM

Stewmac lists the weight of the Waverly tuners they sell. A tuner with a different knob is usually within .01 gram of the other, per tuner. In other words, not a significant weight difference.

Keep the originals if you think you'll ever sell the guitar. Some buyers prefer everything to be stock.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

..I prefer the look of oval knobs to butterbeans and have swapped out Waverly tuners on 3 or 4 guitars with no noticeable difference in tone...and I doubt it would make any difference in resale value so I always sell the butterbeans to offset the cost of the replacements...
Old 05-23-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcarolino View Post
I have a Collings C10 with its stock nickel waverly tuners. I like the look of ivoroid knobs compared to nickel and was planning to replace them with the same waverly tuners just with the ivoroid knobs. If I was replaced these, would it compromise the tone of the guitar/tuning stability even if its the direct replacement but just with the different knobs. Thanks in advance!
It's not going to have any impact on anything other than appearance.

whm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion