The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-22-2019, 02:13 AM

Default Fishman Aura Spectrum settings for My Acoustic

Hi there,
Does anyone have any advice or experience regarding settings with the 'Fishman Aura Spectrum' that would be suitable for the Epiphone EF 500RCCE Acoustic.

Alan
Old 08-25-2019, 11:13 AM

I guess no one has the same setup as me then..
Old 08-25-2019, 11:19 AM

Not that particular guitar, no. But I had a similar problem with a Seagull S6.

Unfortunately, the only thing to do is go through the whole library and find an image that sounds good. It's pretty random... an image that sounds good with your guitar might not have been made with a guitar that's similar. In my experience, it's a trial-and-error process.

But I did eventually find one that I liked. You probably can, too, but it's likely to take a while.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmarle View Post
Hi there,
Does anyone have any advice or experience regarding settings with the 'Fishman Aura Spectrum' that would be suitable for the Epiphone EF 500RCCE Acoustic.

Alan
Are you asking "would be suitable" for recording purposes ? or are you just trying to find a good setting for live performance ? If the latter and you would like I can move it Acoustic Amplification where you might get more replies ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 08-25-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Are you asking "would be suitable" for recording purposes ? or are you just trying to find a good setting for live performance ? If the latter and you would like I can move it Acoustic Amplification where you might get more replies ?
Hi kev, Yes generally to get a better sound live, anyone with any advice would be appreciated, my EF500 RCCE is they say really ideal for finger style and i am playing more strumming these days.. so maybe my guitar is not a good strummer..?

Regards
Alan
Old 08-26-2019, 11:31 PM
Charter Member

Hi Alan,

When I first got my Fishman Aura Spectrum, I plugged the output into my mixing board and ran my guitar into the Aura and then used my best headphones to audition the various programs as I played. I found several that I thought sounded the most natural and one, in particular, that I liked the most. So since then, that one program is the one I use. I just leave the unit set on that program so I don't have to rethink this whenever I used the Aura.

I think your best bet is to experiment and find out what you like. I used headphones so that I could make sure that what I was hearing was really coming from the Fishman Aura rather than off the guitar itself. If your thing is strumming these days, then that's what you should play into the unit when you audition the various programs.

I have never used the Fishman Aura Spectrum for recording. I use microphones. I do, at times, use the Fishman Aura Spectrum for live playing when I am looking for the simplest way to hook up to a PA system and want to minimize how much stuff I have to carry around.

I hope this helps a little.

- Glenn
Old 08-27-2019, 01:15 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies,

I will try as you suggest and see how I go on

Alan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD