The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 AM

Default Recording software advice

I want to start recording some backing tracks nothing fancy. I want to be able to use a program like Ez Drumer and then add a bass. Then I can sing and play lead.

What I have now is a Alesis multi mix 8 and the cubase LE 4 software with a PC.

I most likely will buy EZ drummer next week, but was wondering if you had any other suggestions on software.

I have read on other treads everyone preference. To those of you who have used logic,PT, etc. Is there one that has a smaller learning curve than the others, or do you think what I have now is good for needs?

I would rather spend my time playing then recording, although I may find being creative on the recording side may turn out to ba alot of fun to.

Ray-
Old 11-21-2010, 01:05 PM

If your rig will support EZ Drummer and Cubase 4 is doing what you need I can't think of a single reason to change.

Does your rig not do something that you need it to do??
Old 11-21-2010, 06:34 PM

I'm not familiar with Cubase, used it once, seems capable enough.

If you're looking to do some simple things and spend your time playing (my philosophy too), then you're probably set.

I've been looking into EZ drummer too, haven't bought it yet but seems kinda cool. Let us know what you think when you get around to playing with it.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:15 AM

Location: Where the blue sky leads me to follow the golden horizon.

Try Reaper
Old 12-03-2010, 12:49 PM

I always tend to go with what I have. If you have Cubase 4 you should be set.

But.. YES try Reaper. I switched from cubase after using the free Reaper d/l and I didn't switch back. It's free to try, inexpensive to purchase, and once you set up with your interface, it was well documented and easy to navigate.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:56 PM

If you're on linux, or are willing to dual boot, you can save yourself a fortune with high quality open source software like hydrogen drum machine and Ardour DAW (see link in my sig). With a real time kernel and connect-anything-to-anything JACK, linux is a great platform for low-latency audio.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:38 PM

I bought Ableton Live and use it along with EZ Drummer. I find it very easy for the basic tasks that you want to do.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD