The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-17-2022, 02:12 PM

Default EART Corsair Part 2/Finale

My SonnyBoy and I started this hotrod redo in mid August. As we were doing the intonation and adjustments it came to our attention the truss rod rotary dial was frozen in place.

The guys and gals at EART in the U.S. and China couldn’t have been more helpful and efficient getting a new neck to me ASAP.
The first thing I did upon the neck’s arrival was turn the rotary truss dial. Smooth as could be. So….Let’s finish this hotrod once and for all! Here are some pix

JUST AS THE ORIGINAL, I HAD TO FILE AND ROUND THE EDGES NEAR THE HIGH AND LOW E STRINGS. THE CORNERS WERE LIKE RAZOR BLADES

Disassemble the old, reassemble the new.

The chop marks are from me trying to turn the black dial with a vice-grip, to no avail.

Two very different cuts of timber.

I finished the copper shielding while the guitar was apart.

I’m trying something new. ErnieBall Slinky’s

I put an 1/8th of a turn of relief into the neck, adjusted the string height on the new brass saddles and with a turn or two in and out the guitar intonated almost perfectly. I’ll let the neck sit over night and do it again tomorrow.

Last edited by Chickee; 09-19-2022 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-17-2022, 02:52 PM
Charter Member

What a great project, Frank! That looks absolutely terrific!

- Glenn
Old 09-17-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
What a great project, Frank! That looks absolutely terrific!

- Glenn

Thank you Glenn. I had fun doing this one. It was such a small investment with a terrific return. I did install one string tree, after I said I wasn’t going to, but I didn’t like the length and height of the B and E strings off the back of the nut. Much better now I feel. The genuine four ply Fender pick guard brings the burgundy-red top to life.

This company, EART, make about ten body styles and I think I may choose a shred(super Strat) style the next time I get the urge to do a project! Never stop learning, right Glenn?
frank

Old 09-18-2022, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Thank you Glenn. I had fun doing this one. It was such a small investment with a terrific return. I did install one string tree, after I said I wasn’t going to, but I didn’t like the length and height of the B and E strings off the back of the nut. Much better now I feel. The genuine four ply Fender pick guard brings the burgundy-red top to life.

This company, EART, make about ten body styles and I think I may choose a shred(super Strat) style the next time I get the urge to do a project! Never stop learning, right Glenn?
frank

Yes, Frank,

Never stop learning! I do like the looks of that new pick guard over that red finish! That looks great!

- Glenn
Old 09-19-2022, 06:21 AM
Charter Member

Frank, you and your son's work looks great. That is one pretty guitar. Love the figure in the top and the color, wow!
Cool, modded Tele!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 09-19-2022, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Frank, you and your son's work looks great. That is one pretty guitar. Love the figure in the top and the color, wow!
Cool, modded Tele!
Thank you Joe. Im sorry my son wasn’t still in NJ for the final push to completion, but he called me and said he was so much more confident setting up, intonating and/or changing out parts on his own guitars now that he stripped this one down to its skeleton. A good bonus to a fun hot rod project. I couldn't ask for more than that.
Thanks again Joe.
frank d.

Last edited by Chickee; 09-19-2022 at 07:47 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars