The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Old 09-14-2019, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

Default ■Gallien Krueger 200MV amp - monitor, PA, guitar, acoustic

This is rare and unusual - but if you know about these, you will be glad to find this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$275 net to me.

While one of the original Gallien Krueger "shoebox" amplifiers of the '80s (this one is dated 3/1989), this is NOT the much more common 250ML electric guitar amp. Aside from paint scratches, it's in great shape and everything works just like it should.

This is the hard-to-find 200MV that is sometimes described as a mini PA or the Swiss Army knife of compact amplifiers. While light weight and portable in its 14"x 9"x 9" aluminum cabinet, it's built like a tank and highly reliable. I can not overemphasize the tone-shaping abilities of the 7-band graphic EQ!!!
Here's some of the features that have been most useful to me, but please look at the pictures and/or see the link to the manual for much more:
> 3-4 input channels
. . - XLR mic channel
. . - 1/4" with 7-band graphic EQ
. . - Two 1/4" with 2-band EQ
> phones out
> 2 6-1/2" full range speakers
> line out + stereo XLR to mixing board, recording or external PA
> speaker jack with switch for combined or solo external speaker + line out to amp or amplified speaker
> effects loop (aux out, aux in)
> lightweight and compact

I've used it mostly as a PA, monitor and acoustic guitar amp, sometimes with different external speakers for different purposes (can really crank through a large efficient speaker cab). It takes pedals really well amp and pros who hold onto these little gems also use them for jazz, other acoustic instruments, personal stage monitors - or combinations - very versatile! They just got this one right - if you know what I mean.

Here's a link to the manual:
http://gallienkrueger.mivamerchant.n...oads/200mv.pdf

To estimate shipping cost: While the amp is only 20 lbs, figure 25 lbs with packing and box (assume dozen wine bottle size) from MA 02144 to your location.

Last edited by Tinkeragain; 10-16-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Bump for big price drop. Someone will be real happy to have this, especially at this price!
Old 09-26-2019, 03:48 AM

Those are great amps. I've owned one since the mid-1980's. They have an incredibly good sound and serve as an astonishingly good-sounding PA system for small rooms.

whm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other