The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-28-2022, 02:03 PM

Default Lost Lands Concert Ohio

We flew into Columbus Ohio Thursday night from Houston . Our flight was full ,they merged people from LA. SF and Seattle on our flight . When we got our rental all these people were going crazy for one of the artists. I did get to talk to him he said his music was BASS music . ..We rode down I 70 past Legend Valley and there were lazers going off like aliens had landed. As far as you could see you could see tents and cars . I researched the concert this is an EDM show …ok forgive me DJs with incredible light shows . When we flew back Monday while waiting for our flight we had two engineers from the show talking to us . These guys work for their artist and run , lazers , screens and pyro. The two we were with did not run pyro . Takes special certifications . But the two guys were computer nerds and explained how they ran their artists show . To me complicated but to them just another day. They said they run One Million Watts through the sound system . One guy explained he had a screen go down and the crowd never even knew it . I checked this concert on Youtube ..to me it is just a bunch of endless noise . ….But again what do I know.
Old 09-28-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker1 View Post
We flew into Columbus Ohio Thursday night from Houston . Our flight was full ,they merged people from LA. SF and Seattle on our flight . When we got our rental all these people were going crazy for one of the artists. I did get to talk to him he said his music was BASS music . ..We rode down I 70 past Legend Valley and there were lazers going off like aliens had landed. As far as you could see you could see tents and cars . I researched the concert this is an EDM show …ok forgive me DJs with incredible light shows . When we flew back Monday while waiting for our flight we had two engineers from the show talking to us . These guys work for their artist and run , lazers , screens and pyro. The two we were with did not run pyro . Takes special certifications . But the two guys were computer nerds and explained how they ran their artists show . To me complicated but to them just another day. They said they run One Million Watts through the sound system . One guy explained he had a screen go down and the crowd never even knew it . I checked this concert on Youtube ..to me it is just a bunch of endless noise . ….But again what do I know.
Apparently enough to recognize endless noise...with a high BPM.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:17 PM

This music is making a lot of money .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic