The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-02-2022, 07:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1j View Post
Yes. You are correct. We could say that about the first string as well. So far, I hadn’t noticed. I don’t know, but it might have been his attempt to cover (or use?) the existing screw holes? In any case, am I bovvered? Naw. I love how they work. I’ll think of it as giving a bit more room to work with the pegs on the bottom. And anyway, what can I do? It can’t be changed now.
I am surprised to see that one on crooked; they're such a well regarded shop. Caught my eye right away, before seeing it mentioned. Have them fill and redrill. You won't see the second set of holes. Better to get it right now IMO.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1j View Post
Yes. You are correct. We could say that about the first string as well. So far, I hadn’t noticed. I don’t know, but it might have been his attempt to cover (or use?) the existing screw holes? In any case, am I bovvered? Naw. I love how they work. I’ll think of it as giving a bit more room to work with the pegs on the bottom. And anyway, what can I do? It can’t be changed now.
I’ve seen this before. You can slightly ovalize both screw holes with a needle file and then rotate the tuner into alignment. It won’t take much “wiggle room”. The screw head will cover the widened hole.

If you don’t want to tackle it, take it back to the shop, and they can modify the tuner screw holes. Or they can plug and redrill the tuner holes with correct alignment. They should make it right.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion