The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-01-2019, 10:31 AM

I had a 74 Bird that I bought new with fantastic sound, but the glue they used stained the top and pictured through several months later. The store that I bought it from sent it back to Gibson, and it came back with problems. Lots of problems. The worst of which was the great sound it once had was gone, and they placed the saddle WAY off, with the intonation absolutely whacked out .

I've had an 86 J-30 since 03 with that same great sound the 74 Bird had, just not as loud, and I just wish the old 74 hadn't had the stain problem as it was a real keeper. I also had a new 1972 J-50 with no problems what's so ever. Gibson and Martin both put out some really great guitars in the 70's, but just wasn't great with consistency in those years. Please post lots of pics for all us Gibson nuts!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion