The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Resident Guitar Hack

This zombie thread keeps resurrecting...but it is that time of year again.

For the last few years I’ve recharged my Humidipacks and saved a bundle. Just put them in a large Tupperware container with a small bowl of water. I rotate them so I always have fresh sets. Only recharge them 3-4 times, then toss them. Don’t want to press my luck. Also use the new leak-proof pouches just in case.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:22 PM

I've been recharging my packs for years. I chuck them once the package starts to wear out from being handled. I use the small bowl of water in the big Tupperware container method. Works great.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Charter Member

They are two way by design. Supposedly, they will de-humidify, though I’ve never had any luck with that. Re-charging then makes total sense to me. It’s a semi-permeable membrane. If you can get them to rehydrate, they should be just like new.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gltr View Post
I am dealing with 90% humidity. Any ideas on how to remove moisture from the humidipaks?
Same issue here. I live on the Maine shore and salt shakers stop working in June due to the ocean humidity. By mid-September I can shake salt again. I found that bamboo charcoal packs worked well. Here's the vendor I used:

https://everbamboo.com/products/bamb...r-dehumidifier
Old 10-01-2019, 07:20 PM

I do re humidify like others - lg. soup pan bit of distilled water in the bottom, Humidiypaks in a raised vegetable steamer tray (perforated metal).

Check them and turn over daily.

If a small damp spot appears on the outside they instantly go in the trash, and I use only new Humidiipaks in the Martin, re humidified paks go in the Blueridge, which is played almost never, so just for safety in storage.

Plus the Martin gets the leak resistant pouches.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion