The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 PM

Default Videos, You guys have been so supportive!

http://www.youtube.com/sprayfe
just wanted to post a link to all of them,
due to response we are going to post some more with a keyboard player and maybe some strings.
Thanks so much, she sings beautifully, we're writing some songs where she sings lead.
Thanks again everyone,
Rafe and Jess
Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 AM

Rafe,

I wish you guys a lot of luck, you've got "chemistry".

I'm going to give you a well meaning constructive criticism, because once you have the basics down then "nitpicking" takes it from good to professional.
I re-listened to a bunch of your songs before posting this.

You need to concentrate more on your breathing points, three breathes in one short phrase is not good vocal technique. You have a great voice going, don't detract from great lyrics by chopping them up with your breathing. I guarantee a vocal coach listening to "Drowning" would say the same thing, great song, work on your breathing.

Nobody improves with everybody telling them how wonderful they are, we need to hear about what we need to work on too. When I gig the audience usually is all compliments, but I'll go to my musician friends and say OK, tell me what you didn't like, tell me about the mistakes you noticed, that's how we grow.

I hope you take this as I meant it, 99% compliments to you and your wife, and 1% food for thought to get better. I also think as you said your wife should sing more leads too, split it up to keep it interesting.

Again, best of luck, the voice blending is excellent!

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell