The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 07:30 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss Capt. She was lucky to find you two and I am sure she appreciated the love and care over the years.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:33 AM

Jim, I’m really sorry to hear about your cat. I understand that the grief is very real.
As you know I’ve got one now, Molly, that I was supposed to be just boarding temporarily, (3 years ago) and have grown to love,
I would be very sad if anything happened to her.
There’s a couple of mine that are long gone that I still miss from time to time.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

So sorry for your loss Jim, that really stinks, I always enjoyed seeing her pictures and reading about her.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:05 AM

Condolences on your grief Captain...Even this Pirate has felt the loss of a beloved companion...Isabella is now experiencing the wonders that lie beyond the Rainbow Bridge and will be waiting for your guitar playing someday...
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 01-24-2018, 08:26 AM

Sounds like beautiful Isabella had a great life with you, Jim. Very sorry for your loss.

Last edited by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales; 01-24-2018 at 12:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-24-2018, 08:38 AM
Anticipation Junkie

That’s a tough loss, Jim. I understand how you’re feeling. Will you get another pet companion?
Old 01-24-2018, 09:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
That’s a tough loss, Jim. I understand how you’re feeling. Will you get another pet companion?
For the past 35 years, there has been a feline family member with us. We went 3 months between Molly (the subject of the book I wrote) and adopting Izzy... a gawd awful empty feeling time. It took me a while to convince my wife that we should look again, and sweet little Izzy was the result of that.

Before Molly, we had a cat who lived to almost 22. When we had to put her down, we both said, "Never again - too much hurt." Molly showed us that she could fill that hole in our hearts. Our time with her was much too short, only 4 years (she was 6 when we adopted her).

Izzy needed to be rescued - she had health issues and was frail. I told Joan, "We need to find an older cat who needs a forever home; one that is already mellow." Instead, she and Izzy picked each other... Iz was estimated to be around 6 months and had been found after a hurricane as a kitten. Sadly, due to a respiratory problem, she spent several months in "medical confinement" in the shelter. She had never been outside of a 3x3' cage. With proper care, love, and nutrition, she blossomed and thrived. She definitely taught me that I could love hard again. Great spirit, right to the end.

All that said, in time I hope the opportunity to be pet parents will again present itself. My heart has a big ol' hole in it, but it is open.

Thanks, all, for the kind words.
Jim & Joan
Old 01-24-2018, 10:35 AM

Capt Jim,
So sorry to hear about Isabella. It is very hard to lose a pet. They are a part of our families.
Barb
Old 01-24-2018, 12:59 PM

So sorry for the loss, Jim. We were hoping to meet Izzy (plus you and The Blonde too) in Arizona next month. We've been through that "never again, it's just too hard" phase too -- multiple times. Eventually the hole in your heart will heal some, and need to be filled by another furry friend who needs a loving home.

As I've said many times before, I admit to shedding many more tears over the pets we have lost than many of the people that have passed from our lives. There is just something so special and pure about the loving bond between a pet and a person, and it's a shame we don't get more time with them. We are not looking forward to the day when Buddy the Lawn Puma (age 12 and slowing down visibly) has to finally make that trip.......

Condolences is such an inadequate word.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
So sorry for the loss, Jim. We were hoping to meet Izzy (plus you and The Blonde too) in Arizona next month. We've been through that "never again, it's just too hard" phase too -- multiple times. Eventually the hole in your heart will heal some, and need to be filled by another furry friend who needs a loving home.

As I've said many times before, I admit to shedding many more tears over the pets we have lost than many of the people that have passed from our lives. There is just something so special and pure about the loving bond between a pet and a person, and it's a shame we don't get more time with them. We are not looking forward to the day when Buddy the Lawn Puma (age 12 and slowing down visibly) has to finally make that trip.......

Condolences is such an inadequate word.
Our furry kids have a way of making a home in our hearts. I get the "tears shed" statement. We really thought we'd have more time with her, even though I told Joan that we needed "to prepare" weeks ago. I said those words, I couldn't bring myself to believe it. Totally messes with my tough boat captain persona to be a big mushball over this sweet little feline.

This morning, as we cleaned and packed up Izzy's things (and there were many things), each item brought a wave of emotions. And tears.

Jim
Old 01-24-2018, 02:41 PM

Sorry about your loss Capt. Jim. I'm an unabashed cat lover. Maybe a new guitar named after her? 😀
Old 01-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Guest 928

I've found the loss of some of my dogs much more painful than the loss of some of my relatives. Lo siento.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:35 PM

I feel it...I had a cat that made it to 18...I had her for 15...she was my buddy...even people that didn't like cats thought she was cool.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-24-2018, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Condolences Captain, they are part of our lives. We have lost in the past and have two getting up in age. It is a very sad experience. -- Darwin
Old 01-24-2018, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

Capt, I'm very sorry to hear about Izzy...
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber