The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-05-2021, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmccamey View Post
Now that the MLB has gone overtly political, I'll be turning them off.
Me too! Can't we have just one area of life not overrun by politics?
I won't be watching.

scott

'20 Gibson 1942 Banner LG2 reissue "Historic Series"
'70 Yamaha "Red Label" FG 150
'64 Gibson Melody Maker

Old 04-05-2021, 11:58 AM

I am done with Major League Baseball. I agree that it is a shame they went political. Sports used to unify. Not any more.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockysdad View Post
Hey Dru, you spelt Leafs wrong [emoji58]
lol, darn autocorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
Just wait til they play a major league team!

But then again, this team was built to hug the cellar. Best get it over with now as opposed to the traditional late-season fold.
It's going to be a long season, Jim. But we know what we had going in. It'll help when we get Sale and Rodriguez back but I think it'll be too late given the Yankees/Rays/Blue Jays.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

The thing that'll chase me away from the game is if they ever make the DH a permanent part of the National League. I was OK with them doing it last year, but if they ever make it the new rule of the game, I'm out. I was reminded of just how great it is having pitchers hit in the Phillies/Braves game on Saturday when Zach Wheeler got two hits and two RBI to help his cause while also pitching 7 innings of one-hit ball. Or the strategic choices managers have to make when their pitcher is going good, but they need runs late in the game. I find it a vastly more interesting game with no DH. I don't watch any AL games except during interleave play, and preferably when they're playing in the NL park.

The Phil's swept the Braves and basically shut them down in the first series. Doesn't mean that much, but it seems that the three guys at the top of the rotation, who were already pretty strong, are all off to a great start, and the bullpen looks much improved. I won't make any stupid predictions at this point, but my gut tells me the Phils are gonna be a lot more fun to watch this year than they have been in recent years.

-Ray
Old 04-05-2021, 03:05 PM

I'm pulling for Atlanta to play in the World Series this season. Hope they win it all!
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 04-05-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitijack View Post
I'm pulling for Atlanta to play in the World Series this season. Hope they win it all!
Sounds like another "Goodall presenting the Super Bowl trophy to the Patriots" moment. That was a sweet moment.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
We may have well been in that stadium at the same time, Shepsdad. I used to work in Loo-ville one week every summer, and every night the Bats were at home, I was in the bleachers. It's a great park.
Probably were! Itís a shame really. I love the park, and knew quite a few of the guys on the team through my job. That part of the city is just too sketchy now to risk being caught in a ďprotestĒ.

It was a difficult decision to give up season tix, but I just couldnít, in good conscience, keep them. Who knows, maybe someday again.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:29 AM

Wow, Fernando Tatis Jr. got hurt swinging at a pitch and now has a partially dislocated shoulder. Great start to his $340 M contract.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

After a great 6 year run winning three championships Iím a crestfallen Giants fan that just wants them to be competitive again....like any true Giants fan I despise the Dodgers and resent their recent dominance of the NL west...
Old 04-06-2021, 04:50 PM

Giants fan here too. Hoping for better things and I am liking the approach they are taking overall. Renewed my MLB.com audio again and am up late listening to Miller, Flemming and the gang. Hoping for a couple more taters tonite off Darvish. Oh and it wouldnít be baseball if we didnít have the Dodgers to hate (donít tell me there is no room for hate in this house when there are Dodgers out there!).

sayheyjeff
Flammang RS35, Lowden F38, Santa Cruz PJ, Santa Cruz OM, Martin 0018vs, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 04-06-2021, 05:38 PM

The Angels and Astros just spilt their two game series.
The fans gave it to them. Trashcan like objects on the field etc. etc.
There were Dodger fans at the Angel game giving it to the Astros as well.
This could be a very long year for the Astros now with fans at the game.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:22 PM
Charter Member

Big Dodger fan here and itís all good when the Giant fans are hatiní!

Giants are gonna have a good year if they donít finish in the cellar.
Scott

'20 Gibson 1942 Banner LG2 reissue "Historic Series"
'70 Yamaha "Red Label" FG 150
'64 Gibson Melody Maker

Old 04-07-2021, 07:49 PM

Nice win for The Giants today. Not sure how I feel about the new rule starting extra innings with a man on 2nd. Worked out today, but ...

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Lowden F38, Santa Cruz PJ, Santa Cruz OM, Martin 0018vs, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 04-07-2021, 08:12 PM
Charter Member

Jeff, I did not realize what a baseball fan you are. I am ambivalent, but my wife is a huge Oís fan, and used to go to all the Angels games when she was a teen-ager in Orange, CA.

Even though I donít watch baseball on TV except for the World Series, we will probably get tickets to the Oís vs Angels in Anaheim so we can take her nephew to a live ball game. He is a huge baseball fan and good high school player, but lost his HS season to the pandemic.

Hope all is well in the mid-Atlantic. I miss the sessions with you, Alan, and the others.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 04-07-2021, 11:30 PM

All is well. Going to Alanís tomorrow to play on his screened in porch for the 2nd time. Got our shots n healthy. Miss having you here. Come visit! A favorite baseball memory is taking one of my godsons to a Frederick Keys game when he was 6. He wanted to get an autograph from The San Diego Chicken.

Jeff

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic