The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-28-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Noives

After about 9 months of practice, open mic's, freebie parties, and a coffee shop, my duet recorded a demo CD on my 'puter and started making calls. Finally got hired for this Fri/Sat in a fancy Hotel bar/Garden. What to do with the nerves until then?!?!?

We do kind of feel-good pop music that people seem to remember or like to bop to, from current back to the 30's, as well as some of our own. My partner does most of the lead vocals, steel string rythm guitar, and some ukulele. I do a few lead vocals, harmonies, some lead guitar on classical, banjo-ukulele, and harmonica. We'll be playing through a Passport 250 PA. We've done quite a bit of playing before now, reuniting this year after having been in a rock band years ago, but I still get nervous. Guess I'll practice the rough parts but save my hands for the weekend - and pace a lot...

Here's some of the tunes from our demo, for the curious (or morbidly curious...)

We tried to stay very true to our live presentation. You'll hear steel string, classical, and one with uke and banjo uke.

"Girl"

You Belong to Me

"Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea"

Wish us luck! PLEEEAAASE!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc407
What to do with the nerves until then?!?!?

Here's some of the tunes from our demo, for the curious (or morbidly curious...)

We tried to stay very true to our live presentation. You'll hear steel string, classical, and one with uke and banjo uke.
Very nice guys! Nice blending of the voices & instruments. Keep up the great work! In the meantime - for your nerves - I'd recommend practicing in front of some friends/family. Just put on a little recital. Once you get up on the stage and start playing - it will all melt away - your practicing will take over.

Thanks for sharing your songs... Send more!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell