The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-15-2019, 05:36 AM

Default Looper station for acoustic guitar AND vocals!? TWO or ONE dual? (Boss RC-3 x2/RC-30)

Hi!

Im looking for ONE or TWO loopers for my acoustic setup.

I would like to loop my Rode NT1 mic for vocals and loop my guitar on another channel. Both are connected to an AER compact 60/4 amplifier.

Im currently looking at the Boss RC-30 but not to found of the effects and extras on it. So im leaning more at getting two Boss RC-3 anyone have some good feedback and experience with these setups?

Is there any other looper station you could recommend? What is the downside with both methods do you think?

Thank you for your feedback!

All thats good!
Old 11-15-2019, 05:41 AM

I’ve 2 loopers one is the digitech trio plus which is a fantastic machine but not a dedicated looper the other is tc helicon voicelive 3 extreme which has a great looper but the effects from this pedal are incredible
Old 11-15-2019, 06:13 AM
AGF Sponsor

I wouldn't try to use two separate loopers like the RC-3 - you have no way to sync them together. How ever accurate you are with setting the start and stop of the loop with the stomp pedal, the two will be slightly different lengths and will drift horribly against each other.

You definitely need a single, more capable looper. I don't have experience with many loopers but the RC-30 and RC-50 are the usual candidates, or there is the Headrush Looperboard which looks absolutely amazing (I've not tried it in person) but is expensive.

Check out Joni Fuller for some great live looping with acoustic and vocals.

Cheers,
David

Perfecting the interface between you and your guitar.
wolframslides.com
Endorsed by Martin Simpson and Tony McManus.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:21 AM

Maybe have a look at dovydas on YouTube - he uses the Boss RC-05
Old 11-15-2019, 07:29 AM
Charter Member

Might be wrong, but I think it's one of their selling points that you can synchronise two Digitech Jamman Solo XT's. The Jamman also has more storage than the BOSS, with it's SD card.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnymab View Post
Hi!

Im looking for ONE or TWO loopers for my acoustic setup.

I would like to loop my Rode NT1 mic for vocals and loop my guitar on another channel. Both are connected to an AER compact 60/4 amplifier.

Im currently looking at the Boss RC-30 but not to found of the effects and extras on it. So im leaning more at getting two Boss RC-3 anyone have some good feedback and experience with these setups?

Is there any other looper station you could recommend? What is the downside with both methods do you think?

Thank you for your feedback!

All thats good!
Forget the effects built in to the RC-30, you don't purchase a looper for the effects.

Investigate using the left and right sides of the RC-30 stereo input independently. I do this for two instrument inputs using my Electroharmonix 720 with no problem.

Route the output to two inputs on your amp if it has them.

Unless you have some unique use of looping, most players want the loops synchronized and that's either impossible or requires extra steps when using two loopers.

Other companies such as Electroharmonix market multiple input loopers. Make sure if you're shopping for a new looper that phantom power is available.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification