The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-08-2019, 11:46 AM

Default Dual source a Lyric with a sbt. Onboard control.

I presently have a Lyric mic installed in my main guitar. I was highly unsatisfied with the sound until I bought a Tech 21 Q-strip (Someone else on the forum posted that is what they used, so I decided to try it). The powerful e.q. made a huge difference. I really like the way my Huss and Dalton TOM-R sounds now. It's a very natural sound. However, sometimes I would like to have more dynamic bass response. Also, it is susceptible to feedback through my amplifier. I also own a Tonedexter that doesn't get much use. I found out that the Tonedexter doesn't make a difference with the Lyric mic after I purchased it. I also gave up using a cable to my guitar. I purchased a Senheisser Wireless system. Oh man! I could never go back. I am spoiled by the freedom of wireless. Anyhow, I need have been curious if there is a way to add a sbt like Schatten, K&K, or Dazzo and to blend the two signals onboard with soundhole volume controls and have one mono signal out so I don't have to use a stereo cable. Basically to achieve something like what the K&K Trinity system or the LR Baggs Anthem system does. I have read on here about some people adding a K&K with the Lyric by moving the Lyric mic past the bridge plate. They used a stereo cable out of the guitar to a splitter to a two channel preamp. The problem I see is that the Lyric mic preamp is in the endpin jack. If I add another passive signal to the Lyric, I believe it would be controlled by the single volume pot with the Lyric mic. Is there a way to add another signal and it's own volume wheel next to the Lyric volume wheel and blend the signals onboard? I have been looking at two channel onboard preamps like Sunnaudio or Schatten. I don't know if this will help me accomplish what I want to do. Is this feasible or doable? Does this even sound like a good idea in theory? Maybe I should pull out the Lyric system and purchase a Schatten HFN and use it with the Tonedexter. Would this sound as natural as the Lyric? Your input is appreciated.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:54 PM

I have some threads on this. I am using a Lyric + k&k. The lyric is active, k&k is passive. I don’t have onboard volume control with the k&k, just lyric.

Search for my threads, there are pictures.
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification