The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

Default I found a great luthier near Tampa Sarasota

I moved from Chicago to Tampa about 5 years ago and have had trouble finding a good luthier in this area. Guitar Factory in Orlando is real good but also real far from me.

Anyone looking for luthier on the Central Gulf side of FL should give David Bland a call:

http://www.siestakeyguitars.com/index.htm

David did a fantastic job doing finish repair on my House OM, fixing a seriously botched drop fill attempt on my part that went horribly wrong. Now he is making a new nut for my old Stella.

I have no financial interest here, just giving David a plug because he did a very professional job for me at a fair price, and made my House OM look just like new.

I'm posting this because I did some searches here looking for a Tampa luthier, so maybe this will help someone else that is doing the same. David is actually in Sarasota. I found out about him from Josh House, the builder of my guitar.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:40 PM

Thanks for the info! I was in a similar situation to yours a few years back regarding some important guitar repair work. I ended up going to The Guitar Factory in Orlando and was very pleased with their service. Tampa would have been closer for me but I was amazed to discover that a city of that size has no resident luthier (at least that I could find). Nice to hear about David Bland although Sarasota is a lot farther drive for me than Orlando.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-24-2019, 10:14 AM

Default link to luthier no longer works...

link to luthier no longer works...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion