The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-01-2020, 11:31 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Default Guitars in stock - August 2020

Sponsors (luthiers/builders/manufacturers), what guitars do you currently have in stock for sale or available from a dealer?

(Note: Sponsors only, please. I'll unstick this thread every month and start a new one to keep things fresh.)

JR
Old 08-07-2020, 06:39 AM
AGF Sponsor

Brian Itzkin concert classical in Madagascar rosewood and Swiss spruce (purchased from Stephen Hill who purchased it in the late 1990’s). Perona Tuners, Spanish cedar neck, madagascar rosewood binding, bridge, and headplate. Finished in hand rubbed french polish (shellac) and strung with Carbon strings.

I built this instrument in my former teacher’s workshop (Stephen Hill) in La Herradura, Granada Spain. It was built mostly during the 48 days of lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The bracing is a 5 fan system with large bridge bar inspired by the work of Robert Bouchet.

Price: $2,500 USD

Old 08-08-2020, 10:48 AM
AGF Sponsor

14" parlor sized Brazilian rosewood with Adirondack spruce top. The rosewood was purchased 15 years ago from someone who brought it across earlier than that. To the best of everyone's knowledge the rosewood entered the states before 1993. I've reviewed cites, appendices and amendments. As far as I can tell this is legal to sell.

The guitar was finished at the end of July, It has a lacquer finish. Khaya mahogany neck and ebony bridge, fretboard and head stock. There is snakewood binding with herring bone pufling. Emerald resin inlay on the fretboard distinguishes the markers.

The guitar features our standard technology. An easily adjustable cantilever neck, split saddle intonation bridge, and falcate bracing system. These provide extra layers to a playable guitar with a modern voice.

Price: $2,595

Specs

Total frets: 20
Frets clear to the body: 14
Frets metal: silver
Tuners: Gotoh 510
Neck Width at nut: 1.72 in
Neck Width at body: 2.23 in
Neck profile: medium thick D-shape
Action at 1st fret: 0.015”
Action at 12th fret: 0.09”--Adjustable
Neck: khaya mahogany
Headstock: Ebony
Top: Adirondack spruce
Back: Brazilian rosewood
Sides: Brazilian rosewood
Purfling: Herringbone
Binding: snakewood
Accents: black-white-black
Rosette: amboyna burl
Scale length: 25.4”
Upper bout: 11”
Waist: 8”
Body size: 14” Parlor
Bracing: curved (falcate)
Bridge: Ebony split-saddle
Headstock logo: Portland Guitar rose
Neck joint: Bolt-on
pickup: K&K pure mini

I made this video for reverb so the first 1.5 minutes are chords and a little song and then rest is every note played.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop