The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-04-2020, 10:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
I said it last week that they deserve to lose the wildcard game for losing to the dolphins last week. But Brady will be back next season.
But will he be back in New England if McDaniel leaves?
Old 01-04-2020, 10:27 PM

Finally. Good to see some new teams taking hold, was getting awfully boring.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
But will he be back in New England if McDaniel leaves?
I don't think that's much of a factor at all.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:20 PM

Wow.

TBH I was getting miffed that there were so many intentional delay of game/false starts being incurred by the Titans before the 5:00 mark in the 4th but it had the desired effect I suppose: bleed the clock and rattle the NE defense into jumping offsides.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop47 View Post
I don't think that's much of a factor at all.
It's part of it. Brady won't want to try to learn a new offense in the twilight of his career and Bill will want to start from scratch if Josh leaves.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-04-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Wow.

TBH I was getting miffed that there were so many intentional delay of game/false starts being incurred by the Titans before the 5:00 mark in the 4th but it had the desired effect I suppose: bleed the clock and rattle the NE defense into jumping offsides.
It's an incredibly stupid rule.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-05-2020, 12:02 AM

Default Hmmmmmm.....

Seattle/Philly......team with the best kicker wins. Saints/Vikings...Saints march on!
Old 01-05-2020, 12:37 AM

Tough loss, but I think Brady will give it one more shot next season. Hopefully they can give him more good receivers. Edelman can’t do it all himself.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
It's part of it. Brady won't want to try to learn a new offense in the twilight of his career and Bill will want to start from scratch if Josh leaves.
That's not what happened when McDaniels left the first time. Most likely they'll promote someone from within or Bill will handle OC duties. What Josh does is not really going to have much impact whether or not Brady retires.

If he decides to continue playing, it will come down to what Brady demands as a free agent and whether or not the Patriots are willing to do a deal for that much money or that many years, or if Bill is ready to move in a different direction (as a lot of people think he is).
Old 01-05-2020, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop47 View Post
That's not what happened when McDaniels left the first time. Most likely they'll promote someone from within or Bill will handle OC duties. What Josh does is not really going to have much impact whether or not Brady retires.

If he decides to continue playing, it will come down to what Brady demands as a free agent and whether or not the Patriots are willing to do a deal for that much money or that many years, or if Bill is ready to move in a different direction (as a lot of people think he is).
The last time Josh left, it was in the middle of Brady's career. I'm telling you, he's less likely to come back if he has bond with a new coordinator and he's not quite sure how that will go.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-05-2020, 04:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hmmm.... it was the best most awful game I've ever seen. So, so many dumb decisions for both teams. It was the most poorly managed football game I've ever seen on both sides. Neither team should have won.
Re: Bills vs Texans, equally messy, dramatic, and entertaining ��. Had to cheer for my neighboring Texans.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 01-05-2020, 04:47 AM

Quote:

It’s not the first time McDaniels leaves. There’s no way Brady will hang it up after losing in Foxborough twice against two lesser teams. Receivers like Sanu and Harry will be caught up come next season.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Wow.

It was borderline dirty and like you said, it had that effect on the defense. The momentum shifted when the Titans made that goal line stop in the first half.

As great as the NE defense was all season, they had a lot of trouble when going against a strong running offense.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
It's an incredibly stupid rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
It was borderline dirty and like you said, it had that effect on the defense.
Borderline dirty. Oh, the HORROR! Why, I do declay-uh, I believe I may be coming down with a touch of the vapors...

Who could imagine a coach finding an obscure little section of the rule book, twisting it completely out of shape and using it in ways totally outside the spirit of the rule (but just inside the letter of it), and making opposing coaches heads explode as he uses it against them? I mean, the NERVE!!! Where could Vrabel have POSSIBLY learned such a thing?

At the time, I thought he was nuts thinking that the difference between 6 and 5 minutes would matter when trying to protect a ONE point lead against Brady. But combined with the Pats inability to stop the Tennessee running game and get off the field made it a stroke of genius In the end. Anyone who can out-Belichek Belichek to burn Belichek on Belichek’s home field has my undying love and respect.

As for McDaniel, I think having to start over with a new coordinator at this late point in his career would have a more than negligible impact on Brady’s decision. Although I find it confusing. I thought when McDaniel bailed on the Colts two years ago it was because Kraft made him promises regarding replacing Belichek within a certain time period... if so, why is the overwhelming consensus that he’s ready to jump NOW? Presumably, the date of Belichek’s departure is closer now, not farther off... So if he didn’t jump then, why would he now?

-Ray

Last edited by raysachs; 01-05-2020 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:26 AM

Maybe those of us who were suggesting back at 8 & 1 that there was something wrong in New England weren't so crazy after all. Here's what I want to see: 1) Brady goes to either Denver or the Chargers; 2) Belichick is released from his contract and Josh takes over; and 3) Bill finishes his coaching career in Cleveland.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic