The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-23-2019, 05:05 AM

This is all I need.

Old 12-23-2019, 05:47 PM

These days I gig with an Elite Acoustic StompMix X6 - nothing else on my pedal board. With its storable mixer scenes that can be activated via stomp buttons it does all I need including external microphone, solo boost with different EQ setting or reverb/comp. Beside guitars I play slide, banjo, mandolin, bouzouki ... opened a new thread at AGF displaying my approach last week.

https://www.youtube.com/@roberthasleder1526
Old 12-23-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman68 View Post
These days I gig with an Elite Acoustic StompMix X6 - nothing else on my pedal board. With its storable mixer scenes that can be activated via stomp buttons it does all I need including external microphone, solo boost with different EQ setting or reverb/comp. Beside guitars I play slide, banjo, mandolin, bouzouki ... opened a new thread at AGF displaying my approach last week.

I keep hearing about this, does this replace a two channel preamp for different acoustic guitar pickup sources?
Old 12-24-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppier View Post
I keep hearing about this, does this replace a two channel preamp for different acoustic guitar pickup sources?
As long as you use only pickups - no problem. You can use a Y-cable for splitting the two pickup-signals in one guitar into two mono signals and plug in two channels of the StompMix X 6. It even offers two HiZ-inputs (channel 1 and channel 2) you would use for passive pickups like I do. I tried several passive PUs (K&K, Dazzo, Schatten, Sunrise magnetic soundhole PU) and they all sounded great.

Limitation starts when you want to send phantom power to an internal mic of your dual source - rig. That's a thing the StompMix won't do. You will need a dedicated blender/preamp like Grace Felix, K&K Trinity, DTAR Solstice ... for that application.

Think of the StompMix X6 as a fully featured digital mixer with ten storable scenes married to a floor pedal. The stomp buttons are for switching between scenes and for muting the whole unit.

https://www.youtube.com/@roberthasleder1526
Old 12-27-2019, 03:30 AM

Felix 1 simple setup guitar 1
Felix 2 ambient style setup guitar 2
Bix ukulele

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-27-2019, 10:20 AM

I use chorus plus either delay or reverb. Chorus is either a Danelectro Cool Cat (vintage light blue one) or a Digitek from the 80s. Boss RV6 for reverb, Behringer VD400 for delay. The latter has beat out several other, more expensive, delay pedals. Looper pedal gets lots of use too.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:53 PM

Default Gigging Board (Acoustic and Vocal)

Going to be running this for about six months to make sure I’m happy with it before I send everything out for a custom build and wiring setup.

Acoustic:

Grace FELiX2 with Empress Mkii Compressor>Strymon Deco v2>Strymon Cloudburst in the FX loop. TurboTuner Mini on the Tuner Out. Running SBT on the Tip and Audix mini condenser on the ring.

Vocal:

Grace ROXi with Universal Audio Max>Strymon Cloudburst in the FX loop. Mic is either an Audix OM7 or Heil PR35, depending on stage/room setup.

All DC pedals are powered by a TRUTONE 1SPOT Pro CS6. Probably swap out for a CIOKS so I have a spare output and more robust RCA connectors under the board.

Waiting on a couple custom looms for the XLR out and AC. 10 footer for when I’m near a drop snake, 25 footer for when I need to run a home run to the main snake/split.

Been running the acoustic side for awhile. Going to make a new temp board at work to accommodate the vocal chain. I’ll post pics once I get everything mounted on the temp board.
Old 11-08-2023, 03:55 PM

I have a red eye dual preamp, in the preamp loop there is a : boss waza tuner, into waza CE2 chorus , fender smolder, boss 7 band eq, boss digital delay, boss digital reverb, RC30 looper then back to red eye loop return. Powered by voodo labs power supply
1993 Gibson Les Paul Standard
2002 Taylor 310CE
2008 Martin OMC16REP
2013 Taylor 816CE
2016 Kindred OM
Little Martin travel guitar
Taylor GS mini
Red eye preamp
Fender Hot Rod deluxe
Fishman soloamp
Bose L1M2 B2 sub
Vintage boss pedals
Www.strummingtunes.com

Last edited by RCGuitar; 11-08-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:30 AM

Well, when I plug in I use this current version. At home, I feed this into an Audient EVO8 controlled via my laptop (w/Reaper). The EVO output goes to 2 Yamaha HS5 speakers on my desk. If this rig needs to go out, I bring a A&H ZEDi10FX mixer and a pair of QSC CP8 pwr speakers.

Left to right I have a:
  • ZOOM F3 32-bit recorder bluetooth-controlled by my iPhone. The input is from the Sunnaudio MS-2 1/4" outs and the Zoom line out goes to the EVO8 ch3 and 4 i/p if needed.
  • VOODOO ISO5 power supply is under the Zoom
  • BOSS FS-7 A-B switch controls the looper (A=next loop. B=Start/Stop loop. It just saves me from bending down every time I want a different loop)
  • Neunaber Immerse reverb is next and is first in the MS-2 FX loop (post).
  • BOSS RC-5 stereo looper is next and (electronically) last in the MS-2 FX loop (looper is sometimes used to play my pre-recorded backing tracks).
  • Sunnaudio MS-2 is next and it is fed by a K&K on ch1 and internal mic on ch2 using a TRS setup (these are in my Boucher OM). The MS-2 op goes to the EVO8 ch1 and 2
  • TCE IR looper is last on the board and is on the K&K side in ch1 pre. (Populated by terrific IRs made by John Fields)
  • All this sits on a D'Addario XPAND small board.
Works for me. (BTW I cannot recommend the Sunnaudio MS-2 pre-amp enough with it's amazing mid-side capability. It is crystal clear and it gives me a beautiful stereo sound.)

Old 11-09-2023, 08:55 PM

Been using this for yeeears! I had changed only the type of OD last year, but everything else has been there for many years. All imminently useful for my purposes!

Edward
Old 11-09-2023, 11:33 PM

Four Danelectro Fish & Chips EQs > Loop-Master ABCD switch box > Polytune 3 tuner > Fire-Eye Red-Eye preamp.

No effects. I like my acoustic instruments to sound like themselves. Only have effects on my electric rig.

Now you know!
Old 11-11-2023, 03:13 PM

That’s a sweet setup! I’ve got an MS-2 I’m going to build an mid-side rig with.

Have you found that your wishing you had full phase control over the pickup, or is it pretty well time-aligned with the mic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
Well, when I plug in I use this current version. At home, I feed this into an Audient EVO8 controlled via my laptop (w/Reaper). The EVO output goes to 2 Yamaha HS5 speakers on my desk. If this rig needs to go out, I bring a A&H ZEDi10FX mixer and a pair of QSC CP8 pwr speakers.

Left to right I have a:
  • ZOOM F3 32-bit recorder bluetooth-controlled by my iPhone. The input is from the Sunnaudio MS-2 1/4" outs and the Zoom line out goes to the EVO8 ch3 and 4 i/p if needed.
  • VOODOO ISO5 power supply is under the Zoom
  • BOSS FS-7 A-B switch controls the looper (A=next loop. B=Start/Stop loop. It just saves me from bending down every time I want a different loop)
  • Neunaber Immerse reverb is next and is first in the MS-2 FX loop (post).
  • BOSS RC-5 stereo looper is next and (electronically) last in the MS-2 FX loop (looper is sometimes used to play my pre-recorded backing tracks).
  • Sunnaudio MS-2 is next and it is fed by a K&K on ch1 and internal mic on ch2 using a TRS setup (these are in my Boucher OM). The MS-2 op goes to the EVO8 ch1 and 2
  • TCE IR looper is last on the board and is on the K&K side in ch1 pre. (Populated by terrific IRs made by John Fields)
  • All this sits on a D'Addario XPAND small board.
Works for me. (BTW I cannot recommend the Sunnaudio MS-2 pre-amp enough with it's amazing mid-side capability. It is crystal clear and it gives me a beautiful stereo sound.)

Old 11-11-2023, 03:17 PM

I love how clean that setup is. That’s going to be the challenge for me. I’m building a Schmidt Array style board and need to route the AC away from the audio. Fortunately, most of my audio runs are from pedal to pedal, so just the FX send and returns need a path underneath.

How are you using the two reverbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward993 View Post
Been using this for yeeears! I had changed only the type of OD last year, but everything else has been there for many years. All imminently useful for my purposes!

Edward
Old 11-12-2023, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Freak View Post
Have you found that your wishing you had full phase control over the pickup, or is it pretty well time-aligned with the mic?
No, haven't had to resort to any phase control as they are both pretty much bang on. Good luck with your new rig and post when you're done.
Old 11-12-2023, 06:06 AM
Charter Member

Fishman ToneDEQ and Boss RC-1 looper.

Subject to change at operator's whim, but that works 99% of the time.

Edit: lately, with the recording setup, due to laziness, I have run through a TC Play VG (the stand mounted vocal/guitar processor). I have to admit, it does quite a good job for what I'm looking for. The BodyRez really surprised me.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification