The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-13-2020, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

We could have done it if I switched to Schattens dual source system instead of Emeralds level 2 electronics. That would have been a custom order with unknown consequences and all the policies that come with a custom order. It was way outside Emeralds normal system and not just an easy switch out of the Schatten for the piezo. My choice to go this route instead of the unknown.
At least for now...
Old 01-15-2020, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP850 View Post
I was looking in to ordering a X20 from Emerald with 24.6 scale. I ask Kevin at Emerald for the measurement from the nut to the 3rd fret and was told he could not provide it because he did not have a guitar to measure. For reference my blueridge has a 25.5 scale and the masurement from the nut to the 3rd fret is 4" I was hoping to reduce that with a shorter scale, from what I've been able to gather (1 member masured his X10 with a 24.6 and said it masured 4" nut to 3rd fret) I would need to go shorter than 24.6 to reduce the reach. For me this is alot of money, I'm 65 and my hands are feeling alot of wear and tear. I'm hoping to make 1 last signficant, shortscale, easy to play, as largr as I can handle, go anywhere guitar purchase, the X20 looks perfect. Of course a special order cannot be retruned. (understandable) But it very important to know just what you are ordering. I think the Emeralds are the most exciting, innovative, coolest git I've seen in a long time, I can see why they may be having growing pains. But the unwillingness to communicate this basice info is disappointing.
Im sorry you werent able to get this info straight away.
Kevin is not a luthier but is a very knowledgeable and highly skilled player so he depends on reference dimensions or asks me or someone else in the team for custom specs.
As this request came in at the end of the week it was Monday before Kevin got hold of me and i believe we then answered straight away.
There seems to be a number of discussions about communication issues and we had a meeting to discuss areas we can improve yesterday. I will ask for a little understanding that our sales team dont know everything but will try to get you an answer for every question as fast as possible.
Alistair
Old 01-15-2020, 07:53 AM

Well said Alistair, you truly are a professional. Don't forget the time difference from Ireland to most of us as well and the 500 other emails from other customers. Every question I ever asked got answered in what I would call a timely manner.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
Im sorry you werent able to get this info straight away.
Kevin is not a luthier but is a very knowledgeable and highly skilled player so he depends on reference dimensions or asks me or someone else in the team for custom specs.
As this request came in at the end of the week it was Monday before Kevin got hold of me and i believe we then answered straight away.
There seems to be a number of discussions about communication issues and we had a meeting to discuss areas we can improve yesterday. I will ask for a little understanding that our sales team dont know everything but will try to get you an answer for every question as fast as possible.
Alistair
I placed an order today, it was a pleasure. Your team went above and beyond. I very much like Emaralds innovative approch to design and the upfront pricing. Thanks Mitch

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber