The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Default Merrill C-18 - Mahogany Dread

Here's a killer sounding Merrill guitar. Has the woody, open tone of a vintage D18, and is a great example of what people love of Merrill's guitars. Red spruce top and mahogany back & sides.

This one is most definitely, players-grade. Structurally, it's great! No cracks, straight neck, good relief, lots of saddle. Frets in the first five positions could possibly use a dressing. but play just fine.

Cosmetically, it's got "mojo". Dings, scratches, and indentations all around. Has some crazing in the nitro on top and a quite few dings that come from being a touring guitar (prior owner was a professional). I've tried to capture the worst of it in my pics. Prior owner sent this one back to Merrill to have the neck slightly thinned down. Les of a vintage "v" feel now, and a little lower profile. The finish was left off the back of the neck, in what has been referred to as a "speed neck".

1 3/4 nut width and 2 5/16 spacing. Serial #297, circa 2007.

Given the cosmetic condition, this one is priced at $SPF shipped USA.

Circa - Claxton - Furch - Goodall - Hatcher - Kopp - Martin - McIlroy - McPherson - Merrill - Taylor

Last edited by NewPicker; 04-17-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Charter Member

Awesome. To me, this is what to look for in a used guitar. Awesome model and maker, great price, who cares about some dings. If I didn't have my dread bases well covered I'd be all over this. Beautiful guitar.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:45 PM

Default Merrill C-18

Pm sent, thanks!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:43 AM

I have no affiliation with the owner, but I did once own this guitar. It is a KILLER hog! One of a couple I should never have parted with... If not for a vintage purchase I just made and the sides being bent on a custom build any day now I'd be all over this baby. It was originally owned by a professional musician here in NC. That is why is is "played in" so well. This is truly a steal on this instrument! Maybe I'll do something stupid if this is around more than another day...GLWS!
Old 04-17-2018, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

This one is SPF. Thanks all!

Circa - Claxton - Furch - Goodall - Hatcher - Kopp - Martin - McIlroy - McPherson - Merrill - Taylor
Old 04-18-2018, 05:17 PM

Didn't figure it would last. Someone got a HOSS!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunc3862 View Post
Didn't figure it would last. Someone got a HOSS!
Thanks, and YES, someone got a great deal on a great guitar! I always like when I can pass along a bargain.

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars