The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 12-10-2018, 12:29 AM

Default Went to see Guns n Roses last night.

And what a show! Axl can’t hit those insane notes from 30 years ago, but he still did great. There were a bunch of covers, from a nice tribute to Chris Cornell (Black Hole Sun) and even a guitar-led instrumental of I Wish You Were here. They did play some fluff from their less than stellar albums like Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy, it it was overall an amazing 3+ hour long show.

https://youtu.be/IyN3Z2arGCo

https://youtu.be/n7hKfRMdgKY
Old 12-10-2018, 07:22 AM

Good to hear. It looks like from the second video that he might be looking a bit healthier than he was looking the last few years. Is that so?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Yes he looks like he lost a lot of weight and seemed more vibrant than in past videos. Good for him.

I had thought he and Slash had a huge falling out? I didn't realize they reunited.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 12-10-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
Yes he looks like he lost a lot of weight and seemed more vibrant than in past videos. Good for him.

I had thought he and Slash had a huge falling out? I didn't realize they reunited.

They had a fallout, but they both grew up and realized they can make a ton of money if they tour together. [emoji23] Also Duff McKagan is in the lineup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Good to hear. It looks like from the second video that he might be looking a bit healthier than he was looking the last few years. Is that so?
Yeah he’s much healthier and displayed a huge level of energy. He was actually very sick a few weeks before this show, and played his last show while feeling quite ill. That’s some work ethic you wouldn’t expect from him 30 years ago.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Charter Member

I saw them in the 80s and 90s, and then again in 2016, when they reunited. And the 2016 show was arguably my favorite. Slash and Duff are solid, along with the rest of the band, and as mentioned, Axl seems to have gotten himself together.

As for the work ethic, I'm sure that's driven by the big paychecks and a healthy dose of legal clauses to ensure that Axl performs on time and without repeat incidents that made him notorious with promoters.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN