The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-12-2019, 09:06 PM

""Lean finely textured beef" is a trademarked name which is used to label the disgusting product also known as "pink slime":

http://beef2live.com/story-lean-fine...lime-89-104331
Old 02-12-2019, 09:19 PM

This thread needs a meme of Charlton Heston shouting: “Pink slime is people!!!!!”
Old 02-12-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
""Lean finely textured beef" is a trademarked name which is used to label the disgusting product also known as "pink slime":

http://beef2live.com/story-lean-fine...lime-89-104331
I thought you couldn't trademark purely descriptive names like that.

"Kleenex" = trademarkable

"Disposable Lightweight Sheets of Paper" = not trademarkable (or so I thought, apparently wrongly)
Old 02-13-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Well just look at it as a move to become more consistent ? Since we seemed to have gotten rid of "truth in labeling" in politics, why not food and drugs also ? Just imagine how liberating the return of "doctor recommended" cigarettes would feel
Variations of this news made it to some of my social media “friends”. Some who are quick to vilify governance or have seem very conditioned to think anything government = bad displayed “How can they do that?” outrage. At same time some of the gobment haters were also praising what a good job the city snow plows did in yesterday’s storm because there was an ice storm preceding it. A subset of those outraged had to rage about schools and the DOT suggesting people stay off the highways but wanted everyone to pray for the state trooper who was injured while responding to a pile up. Freedom and freedumb rhyme but they are different.

I’ve followed the crap a some of these people read and link to. They believe truly adulterated news where a few bits of real news I will catch in credible competing sources gets taken out of context. On a recent international trip an older woman watching the sunset with us said she used to be envious of all the smart and educated people in the US, and said now adding Facebook and one of the popular news networks to what our leaders say has her thinking we’re mostly idiots. Yes, I realize that’s one person saying it but then all the people from other countries nodded their heads.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic