The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-12-2018, 12:23 AM

Default PSA: Bose S1 Pro now ships with their $99 battery ... FREE

Two days ago it was a $99 optional extra.
But now Bose ships a FREE battery with every SR1.
Up to 6 hours of full-volume sound.

I give up. That's it. I can no longer resist.
I had to buy one for my busking duties.

Plus Sweetwater (actually their affiliate Synchrony Bank) offers 0% interest for 4 years, OAC of course.
$12.48 a month! That's what a few drops of gas costs now
Free shipping too.

Give in.
You know you want to.
Resistance is futile.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...m-with-battery

Last edited by Tico; 05-12-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico View Post

Give in.
You know you want to.
Resistance is futile.
"We are the Bose Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."
Old 05-12-2018, 06:20 AM
Charter Member

Bose finally realizing (most likely through lackluster sales or maybe online complaints?) that at the current price point they should have included the battery in from the get go instead of gouging us an extra $100. For those of that reluctantly paid this extra price it's a slap in the face. And their lame offer of a free backpack won't mitigate my discontent. I neither want to nor need a backpack case.

For those interested in this unit this might push them over the edge. It's still a good system (great system for our needs) as long as you use some sort of preamp. Also, for those still on the fence, don't forget that most places have great return policies so you can basically try these out for free and get a full refund if you don't like it or it doesn't meet your needs.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Bose finally realizing (most likely through lackluster sales or maybe online complaints?) that at the current price point they should have included the battery in from the get go instead of gouging us an extra $100. For those of that reluctantly paid this extra price it's a slap in the face. And their lame offer of a free backpack won't mitigate my discontent. I neither want to nor need a backpack case.

For those interested in this unit this might push them over the edge. It's still a good system (great system for our needs) as long as you use some sort of preamp. Also, for those still on the fence, don't forget that most places have great return policies so you can basically try these out for free and get a full refund if you don't like it or it doesn't meet your needs.
I see the backpack as a great gesture from Bose for those who paid for a battery. I'm thinking you could always resell the backpack if you don't need it... but it could be very handy for your "light" set up. I may be in the market for one of those backpacks.

Thanks for your continuing commentary on the S1. I used to cart around Voice of the Theater cabinets and horns. Downsized to 15"/horn cabinets. Then, the Bose L1C. Now, an S1 on order. Coming up next: the iPhone XII with "power speakers"!
Old 05-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I see the backpack as a great gesture from Bose for those who paid for a battery. I'm thinking you could always resell the backpack if you don't need it... but it could be very handy for your "light" set up. I may be in the market for one of those backpacks.

Thanks for your continuing commentary on the S1. I used to cart around Voice of the Theater cabinets and horns. Downsized to 15"/horn cabinets. Then, the Bose L1C. Now, an S1 on order. Coming up next: the iPhone XII with "power speakers"!
Exactly my plan (unless the backpack ends up being something special). More good news for those like me that bought the S1 through Sweetwater: After contacting them via email (actually just replying to their request for feedback from recent purchase of the battery) with my displeasure about Bose' change of heart, they graciously offered me $100 of store credit. I can't say enough good things about dealing with Sweetwater. The level of personal attention I've gotten from them on every sale, not matter the size or prices, as been nothing short of amazing in this day and age. Can't recommend them enough.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Exactly my plan (unless the backpack ends up being something special). More good news for those like me that bought the S1 through Sweetwater: After contacting them via email (actually just replying to their request for feedback from recent purchase of the battery) with my displeasure about Bose' change of heart, they graciously offered me $100 of store credit. I can't say enough good things about dealing with Sweetwater. The level of personal attention I've gotten from them on every sale, not matter the size or prices, as been nothing short of amazing in this day and age. Can't recommend them enough.

You must have a much better sales droid than I do.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:17 PM

Zach is my sales rep. I sometimes find us chatting about gear and gigging an extra 10 or 15min just because. Pretty cool. He has also bent over backwards to hook me up when it’s reasonable - like price matching or honoring recently expired promo deals etc.
06 Taylor Koa T5
09 Takamine 12 string
11 Taylor NS24ce-LTD
13 Gibson Les Paul Standard
14 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
16 Taylor 524ce Mahogany
16 Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
17 PRS SE Custom 24
23 Taylor GS Mini Walnut LTD

---------------------
Old 05-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Sweetwater is a class operation. We went to their GearFest last year (stayed in their RV parking on premises) and was very impressed... both with the facility and our rep Tad. Tad took the time to show us around the day before GearFest kicked off. If you live anywhere near, their GearFest is quite a gathering - many manufacturers represented there, doing demos. Lots of hands-on with new equipment. Almost sensory overload - in a very good sorta way.

Tad was very complimentary regarding the S1, as well.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:20 AM

That may be true for swwetwater, but for other stores it isn't. Besides that, stores like Thomann are raising the prices more than 10% for the S1 Pro.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecx View Post
That may be true for swwetwater, but for other stores it isn't. Besides that, stores like Thomann are raising the prices more than 10% for the S1 Pro.
That would be on them, not on Bose.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification