The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-11-2018, 05:47 AM

Default Free Back Pack for Bose S1 Pro Owners

Found out about this and did not notice it posted here.

https://bosebackpack.com/en/enter

Fill out the form with your serial number

You get a backpack, and you get a backpack, and you get a backpack..
Old 05-11-2018, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

Awesome - thanks for this!!
Old 05-11-2018, 07:34 AM
Charter Member

Classy move by Bose to make it retroactive for early purchasers.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:40 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I put in my claim.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:16 AM

THIS is why I love AGF!!! A big thank you...
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah
Old 05-11-2018, 08:27 AM

One of the big dealers is including the battery for free now.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

I was told the "free backpack" was for those who bought the S1 before the battery was included (started yesterday). I ordered mine today.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I was told the "free backpack" was for those who bought the S1 before the battery was included (started yesterday). I ordered mine today.

That’s too bad. If it came with both I’d give it a shot.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Who told you that? The Bose page says 2018 with no date limit. I’d be pissed if I bought one today based on that representation and then was denied.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Who told you that? The Bose page says 2018 with no date limit. I’d be pissed if I bought one today based on that representation and then was denied.
It is on the Bose Pro forum. Essentially, as of May 10th, if you buy an S1, it will come with a battery (formerly an additional $100). To support their early adopters of the S1, Bose is doing the free backpack for those who bought prior to yesterday. So... free battery... or, paid for the battery (or bought before May 9th), you get a free backpack.

I think that is a good way for Bose to handle it. According to what Bose posted they listened to their users, who felt the battery is what makes that unit truly "portable." I don't see anything to be pissed about - I just ordered mine and am excited to have the battery included in the price.

I held off buying the S1, thinking that Bose has offered "a sale" on their PA units periodically. When that sale came up, the S1 was not included. The battery being included is better than 10% off the original price.

https://www.bosepro.community/g/portable/forum/s1-pro

I have been using Bose products for years and have been very pleased with the performance and durability. The S1 gets a lot of enthusiastic reviews. I'm all about small and lighter these days.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
It is on the Bose Pro forum. Essentially, as of May 10th, if you buy an S1, it will come with a battery (formerly an additional $100). To support their early adopters of the S1, Bose is doing the free backpack for those who bought prior to yesterday. So... free battery... or, paid for the battery (or bought before May 9th), you get a free backpack.

I think that is a good way for Bose to handle it. According to what Bose posted they listened to their users, who felt the battery is what makes that unit truly "portable." I don't see anything to be pissed about - I just ordered mine and am excited to have the battery included in the price.

I held off buying the S1, thinking that Bose has offered "a sale" on their PA units periodically. When that sale came up, the S1 was not included. The battery being included is better than 10% off the original price.

I have been using Bose products for years and have been very pleased with the performance and durability. The S1 gets a lot of enthusiastic reviews. I'm all about small and lighter these days.

Except the page with the offer of a free backpack doesn’t say it’s limited to certain dates. It just says 2018. I almost ordered one this morning thinking I’d get the free battery and free back pack. It’s misleading.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Except the page with the offer of a free backpack doesn’t say it’s limited to certain dates. It just says 2018. I almost ordered one this morning thinking I’d get the free battery and free back pack. It’s misleading.
You just have to read the release from Bose. In order to get to the form to claim a free backpack, the dates of purchase are clear. In fact, if you put in today's date on that form, you get a red box. You have to list your purchase date AND the serial number, so if that serial number is one with an included battery, no free backpack. I don't see anything misleading about it - if you were to order the S1 today, you get the battery included. If you bought the S1 prior to the battery being included, you get a free backpack... I still see this as a very classy way for Bose to offer more (free battery) and still take care of their early adopters (free backpack). No downside that I see.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
You just have to read the release from Bose. In order to get to the form to claim a free backpack, the dates of purchase are clear. In fact, if you put in today's date on that form, you get a red box. You have to list your purchase date AND the serial number, so if that serial number is one with an included battery, no free backpack. I don't see anything misleading about it - if you were to order the S1 today, you get the battery included. If you bought the S1 prior to the battery being included, you get a free backpack... I still see this as a very classy way for Bose to offer more (free battery) and still take care of their early adopters (free backpack). No downside that I see.

I went to the link list in the original post above. I know I can’t fill it out today because I don’t have the serial number. I order from an online dealer today and wait until the unit arrives. On that day I fill out the form and suddenly learn that I’m not eligible for the free backpack. That’s the issue.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I went to the link list in the original post above. I know I can’t fill it out today because I don’t have the serial number. I order from an online dealer today and wait until the unit arrives. On that day I fill out the form and suddenly learn that I’m not eligible for the free backpack. That’s the issue.
My dealer (Sweetwater) explained it to me when I placed the order this morning. Really, no issue. The information is out there. If you didn't read it, I don't see how that is Bose's fault. Any way you look at this (unless you feel entitled to free stuff and more free stuff), Bose is making this S1 Pro an even better buy. Now, and for those who already bought!

For the record, today's date (5/11/18) is already "redded out" on that form. I think this is pretty clear.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
My dealer (Sweetwater) explained it to me when I placed the order this morning. Really, no issue. The information is out there. If you didn't read it, I don't see how that is Bose's fault. Any way you look at this (unless you feel entitled to free stuff and more free stuff), Bose is making this S1 Pro an even better buy. Now, and for those who already bought!

For the record, today's date (5/11/18) is already "redded out" on that form. I think this is pretty clear.

But why would I even attempt to fill out the form if I don’t have the serial number?? That doesn’t make sense. The information is not on the page at the link above where it should be.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification