The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-25-2018, 12:53 AM

Default Has anyone put a k&k pure mini in a Collings Traditional OM?

Hey,

I just picked up a Collings OM2h Traditional and I'm beginning to think about pickups - the through saddle rules out my preferred anthem setup so I'm looking at a return to the k&k.

I've has some feedback issues using the k&k in my Martin OM28v in the past, but the tone of that guitar is quite dark and almost boomy in the lower mids so I think that was the problem - this new Collings is a lot cleaner in the low end so I'm hoping it will work with the k&k better (plus I'm playing a better venues now and have an orchid preamp to control my sound) - plus I think I'd only be taking this guitar to intimate and controlled gigs where the sound reinforcement is quite low-key anyway (folk clubs and the like).

My main concern is the bridge plate on the Collings looks pretty small - has anyone here put a k&k in one of these guitars and did it fit ok?

Thanks...
Old 04-25-2018, 02:51 AM

The K&K mini has smaller transducers than the older style. I run them in my OM-18 Authentic so I doubt your Collings has a smaller bridgeplate than that one. Also my 00-28VS and Collings DS2H. I run them through a Fishman Pre-amp and it sounds great. I do have to cut the bass a little more in the 00-28VS. Just the way rosewood Martins are.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:30 AM

If there is room on the bridge plate, you should consider the trance amulet m as well. It’s fantastic.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification