The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-20-2018, 07:22 PM

Default Collings OM1 Cutaway incoming!

I'm so excited, just recently ordered one of these! I've become a total Collings fanboy over the last few years. I have a few of their electrics, and they have become my favorite guitars in the world. Now I had to get an acoustic. Decided to go with an OM1 with a cutaway. I have a couple of rosewood Martins, so I wanted to get a mahogany guitar. The OM shape is my favorite, so I knew where to go. I also want to be able to play lead on it, and have upper fret access, so I went with the cutaway. If this guitar is anywhere near as great as my electrics I'll be ecstatic. I'd love to see some pics and hear some insight into this model if any of you have some. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:26 PM

You're lucky man! That's one of my dream guitars. Be sure to post a NGD!
Old 07-20-2018, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaneallen View Post
I'm so excited, just recently ordered one of these! I've become a total Collings fanboy over the last few years. I have a few of their electrics, and they have become my favorite guitars in the world. Now I had to get an acoustic. Decided to go with an OM1 with a cutaway. I have a couple of rosewood Martins, so I wanted to get a mahogany guitar. The OM shape is my favorite, so I knew where to go. I also want to be able to play lead on it, and have upper fret access, so I went with the cutaway. If this guitar is anywhere near as great as my electrics I'll be ecstatic. I'd love to see some pics and hear some insight into this model if any of you have some. Thanks.
I've owned two (an OM1A and an OM1AC) as well as a close cousin, the 000-1ASB.

All great guitars, at least for solo fingerstyle, flesh and nail, and I suspect for many other music styles and right hand techniques.

If I were to get another Collings OM1xxx, I would likely get one with the deep body option. I played a Collings OM2 deep body which I quite enjoyed, and my Tippin and Borges OMs have deep bodies.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:06 PM
Charter Member

Got an OM1 SS and the tone is just outstanding.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:10 PM

Congratulations! That one's on my wish list, too. Enjoy!
Old 07-21-2018, 02:04 PM

Thanks guys, anyone want to post any pics? Have any of you compared this model to a Martin OM-18? Any differences or similarities?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion