The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-17-2018, 10:39 AM

I have had problems with feedback on an L1 on multiple occasions. Couldn't redesign the club so the requisite 6-12 feet was not possible. At any level at all the squealing ensued. It happens.

Often, even with a mic level input, it is possible to adjust mixer output or speaker input sufficiently to get appropriate gain staging. Even better if there was a simple switch that allowed switching from mic to line input level gain. Many consumer grade speakers have this feature.

Given time and proper mixer routing, OP might have gotten it to work. A stereo mixer gives the option to send different levels to different sides. But whit the kind of mismatch that you get with line into mic, things get pretty sensitive to small adjustments.

hunter
Old 07-17-2018, 11:01 AM

Cool Feed Back Issues

A lot of P.A.'s have feedback suppression . My portable self contained DCV battery or A.C. does a great job
on my acoustic electric dread . Before I got this system I used ( still use ) :
  • Behringer 1124P Feedback Destroyer / Parametric EQ - X2 XLR/TRS

I got it to tame my acoustic electric in situations that I had problems while playing that acoustic electric loud .
Also to tame SS guitar amps when I blow harp like on my Polytone Mini Brute .

You can get these cheap . They are well worth the expense IMHO .

For the mic I just got a T.C.Helicon ( made by Sennheiser ) MP-76 - it's a dynamic with a super tight cardioid
pattern and a few other bells & whistles - like a double internal shock mount system and much more . Made specifically
for T.C.H's vocal processors . A super mic for feed back rejection is essential for loopers and especially musicians
with acoustic guitars or vocalists .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification