The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-18-2018, 10:20 PM

Default Trance Audio Amulet Phantom MVT

Got the Trance succesfully installed according to instructions to the letter in my 000-14CS and tested with a Rolls 48v phantom power to my DS4 Ultrasound amp. Thanks Maury's! Took my time for every step and went fine. Levels trim phase balance on lenses ... All seem good on 1st install.

I will be plugging direct to board for band practice tomorrow night however and am anxious to hear (1st time w full band in church in yr plus since I semi-retired from 25 years of it). So far pickup is very responsive. The volume and tone controls are nice to have.

I did try my K&K pre (adapted) and a slight mid sweep helped tweak the tone a little woodier to my ears. But not needed in band context. The dynamic and broader range with levels higher seem to be far and away better than many pickups tried. Single notes defined nicely as well. We'll see and hear the amp vs system comparison Thursday.

The hardest part was courage drilling the endpin and neck for strap button on a custom shop, but it went well and I intend to play the stuffing out of it.

Stay tuned. DMZ
Old 04-18-2018, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

Glad to hear your Trance Amulet M-VT Phantom installation went well. I ordered one over a year ago, along with a Rolls unit, but haven't yet installed it. The regular battery-powered Amulet M-VT in my Martin HD-28 sounds darn good and sounds even better with the ToneDexter. Enjoy!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 04-19-2018, 08:38 AM

A tonedexter is in the plan for 2 K&K guitars so - yes down the road.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:18 AM

Had a great experience through house system tonight. Used a large JBL floor monitor near me and line array speakers overhead in 3 locations w 2 separate massive subs in our large church. We had a good size band- keys drum bass and 2nd acoustic (Martin aura combo) & 4 singers doing Hillsong style stuff. Lots of compliments on the natural sound of the guitar. I had power clarity and headroom when I wanted it. I was really pleased with definition over what my home amp offered. Of course a PA would have more of everything. Full was a term I heard regarding the tone from others. Very pleased and worth it to me.

Last edited by DMZ; 04-19-2018 at 09:32 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification