The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-21-2024, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
David, maybe both of our situations are outliers, and the norm is somewhere in the middle...
Yep, three automated emails were clearly outliers
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-21-2024, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstraw View Post
Yeah, I fell for that for a second. Yes it’s a typo. It’s been about four weeks and in a few more days I’ll drop them a line. Thanks for the encouragement. I shouldn’t be worried, just anxious obviously. I worry more about customs when I come back from Mexico!🇲🇽
Are you getting it shipped to Mexico and travelling back to the US? I trust shipping in your area is a bit more dependable than where we are in southern Baja. However, after having an X20 here last year, and a different CF guitar here this year, I am pleased with the choice of CF as a "commuter" and daily player. And in 15+ years of dragging guitars back and forth over the border (by land), have never had a check on guitars at the border. Throw a little dust on the case Congrats!
Old 02-22-2024, 11:23 AM

Talking New notice

Email today that the polishing process is completed. Now they’re just doing the set up. I have no pick up, the only real custom appointment was a thinner neck, 11/16”. Truly, I’m not worried, especially after hearing that they’re finishing up. They are automated messages but detailed. maybe I’ll get an extra mug!
Guild JF55 NT
Guild 412E
Taylor 612 C (1996)
Old 02-22-2024, 01:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Email today that the polishing process is completed. Now they’re just doing the set up. I have no pick up, the only real custom appointment was a thinner neck, 11/16”. Truly, I’m not worried, especially after hearing that they’re finishing up. They are automated messages but detailed. maybe I’ll get an extra mug!
That’s good news. Now the next phase of the wait begins
Cordoba Stage

Old 02-22-2024, 02:38 PM

Smile x20

Just received my x20 Woody yesterday.... stunning and I love the way it plays and sounds, could not be happier!! Live with the anticipation, it will pay off upon receipt!
Old 02-23-2024, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I know that you're the captain, and I'm just a grunt; but I've got to disagree. As much as I like Emerald instruments, my experience has been that they don't do a very good of consistently (and accurately) letting customers know where their orders are in the production cue and when they've been shipped. I previously ordered an Amicus to be shipped via UPS. After a reasonable amount of time, I was standing in my driveway when a USPS truck pulled up and handed me the package. I was quickly reimbursed for the expedited shipping I'd paid for, but had had no prior notification as to shipment...
I ordered a new in-stock, but my experience was similar.
I ordered, paid, and it said it was processing the order.
It continued to say it was processing the order for more than a week.
I was considering emailing to ask them when the processing was complete when I saw a UPS truck pull up, so I went outdoors to get what I was expecting to be the Mountain Guitar from Outdoor Ukelele.
But the box was too big, and it had an Ireland shipping address.

Of course it was the Emerald.

I went back inside and checked, and under the status of my order, it said the order was still processing.

I had no intention of complaining, because I had received the guitar in less than 10 days.
Rainsong Flamenco Nylon (SN#120)
Composite Acoustics 5iM-CE (GXi)
Cordoba Stage
Enya NexG 2, Mountain Guitar, Luna Tribal
Old 02-24-2024, 08:05 PM

I have three in-stock Emeralds I ordered (and received) in November, December, and January. They're all still processing
Old 02-25-2024, 08:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanefsky View Post
I have three in-stock Emeralds I ordered (and received) in November, December, and January. They're all still processing
Does that mean you’ve got three more on the way?

Seriously, it would seem that there’s some significant difference between communication for stock models, and what you might hear for a custom order. Couple that with the unpredictability of UPS tracking and notification these days, and I’m not surprised that things seem a little erratic.
Cordoba Stage

Old 02-25-2024, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
...Seriously, it would seem that there’s some significant difference between communication for stock models, and what you might hear for a custom order. Couple that with the unpredictability of UPS tracking and notification these days, and I’m not surprised that things seem a little erratic.
I get that, but as I've previously stated, I think that Emerald could do a better and more consistent job of letting customers know when an instrument has been shipped from their factory. That's something within their control, and in my experience something that could and should be improved...
Old 02-25-2024, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Does that mean you’ve got three more on the way?
I do, but those are entirely different custom orders

Quote:
Seriously, it would seem that there’s some significant difference between communication for stock models, and what you might hear for a custom order. Couple that with the unpredictability of UPS tracking and notification these days, and I’m not surprised that things seem a little erratic.
I did get UPS notifications for all of my in-stock orders. The only notifications I've gotten on the custom orders is that they were about to go into the mold about three weeks ago. The interesting thing is that the custom orders were spread out over almost a month but the notifications arrived within minutes of each other. I wonder if the earliest ones were delayed so that they could deliver all of them at the same time. They do seem to like to feature multi-guitar orders in the shipping videos

Mine probably won't be too exciting since they're all vibrant carbon finishes without inlay or pickups. It took some courage to order the vibrant colors because they look by far the worst of all the finishes in the bright lights of the shipping videos IMHO. But at home the vibrant weaves tend to look more like the standard weaves and the standard weaves tend to look like more like plain black.

To this day I've never seen what a woody finish looks like in person with my own eyes but I decided (for better or worse) not to order any of my guitars with a woody finish. My main concerns were that it would seem too superficial or purely decorative, and also that a bunch of different wood veneers would clash too much with each other whereas a bunch of carbon colors might go well together (like jelly beans, M&M's, Skittles, Life Savers, etc. )
Old 02-25-2024, 03:39 PM
Charter Member

My wood veneer Emeralds and my carbon fiber top Emeralds play nice AND look great together. They are family.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:21 PM

Been taking a while with the hardware installation. Excited. Can I post pics when it comes???
Guild JF55 NT
Guild 412E
Taylor 612 C (1996)
Old 02-28-2024, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Can I post pics when it comes???
We expect nothing less....
Old 03-13-2024, 09:18 AM

First saw the finished X20 on their shipping video, then I got the automated email the next day that it’s finished and will be shipped. Now it’s sitting in Ireland at the “post office”. Probably another two weeks. Quite a wait overall but I’m sure worth it. And yes, it seems very automated now. Very interesting story. If you watch their shipping videos on how four guitars were ripped off from a male facility at JFK. But recovered. Interesting, glad it didn’t happen to mine!
Guild JF55 NT
Guild 412E
Taylor 612 C (1996)
Old 03-17-2024, 09:30 AM

It’s in NYC!. Now the USPS has my trust. Overall, a good experience wit the communication.
Guild JF55 NT
Guild 412E
Taylor 612 C (1996)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber