The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrufus
And this is supposed to hurt our feelings?!

Gordon is right, masmith. It's not the first time I've seen this either. Be a man and apologize and I think you would have a thread full of new friends. Or don't and...well, I think you can figure the rest out. A little goes a long way.
Apologize for giving criticism for your stuff, first you can apologize for not liking the ES! Of course I am joking, be realistic though. Why must this go on...

Guitars I miss:

2015 Taylor 320
2004 Taylor 814ce L-7 Cocobolo

2003 Taylor 414ce L-5 Rosewood
2003 Taylor 314ce L-1 Koa

2001 Taylor 410 LOTF Koa
1998 Taylor 310

Pictures of Guitars!

Last edited by masmith; 05-13-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:44 AM

It's going on masmith because you are the Amarosa of this forum and it amazes anyone, why you can't understand why you rub people the wrong way. I'll try to this from another angle this time. Since you are a bookstore manager, let's say you have a favorite book. Some co-workers have also read the book but say they absolutely hated the book, explaining their reasons (valid or not) BUT without saying anything derogatory to you or anyone who did like the book. Are you going to call them stupid for not liking the book? By your definition, you would.

Or let's flip the situation:

Let's say you don't like a certain brand of speakers (you stated you are an audiophile in your profile) that I think are the best and you post it here. You didn't slam anyone for liking it. I come back at you with something stupid like you have no clue about speaker technology and you have lousy ears. Wouldn't you get upset if I made this personal attack on you?

GL

Last edited by GordonHLau; 05-13-2004 at 02:34 AM.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:19 AM

Gordon makes yet another good point MA.

Unfortunately the problem with you MA, is you will only rise to the level of a young boy who sits around in his living room fumbling on an expensive guitar and cannot bear the thought of that investment being constructively, yes constructively criticized by others who actually know more than you about the subject. A lot more. All you had to do is respect others views and we wouldn't be giving you a blitzkreig. But darnit, you deserve it. You sound like an uninformed and reactionary putz with your pitiful data that doesnt even come close to backing up your pointless claim. Did you see what Jeffery said in his post? He likes the ES. He didnt go spouting off at the cake-hole about it. Thats why I and we like him and hope he is all the better for it. Did you see what Dave Wendler and Bob Colosi and others talked about? Accurate comparative data to back up their OPINIONS while still being respectful to ES owners. And to even suggest, my dear friend that Dave, Bob, Woody, RGB or others don't understand something about tone is such a ridiculous statement and an insult to them. You are in some pretty serious company within this ridiculous dialogue you started, and you have proven again and again that you are way over your head on the knowledge-meter. Loosen your skin up because every time you move, your mouth opens and something stupid falls out. I'll probably get tossed out of the forum for this, but THIS is the reason the forum occasionally takes on sewer-like qualities. I know im not helping all the good persons in here with my drivel, but this child is ridiculous.
Jess
Old 05-13-2004, 11:46 AM

Unhappy Take it easy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarf
Gordon makes yet another good point MA.

Unfortunately the problem with you MA, is you will only rise to the level of a young boy who sits around in his living room fumbling on an expensive guitar and cannot bear the thought of that investment being constructively, yes constructively criticized by others who actually know more than you about the subject. A lot more. All you had to do is respect others views and we wouldn't be giving you a blitzkreig. But darnit, you deserve it. You sound like an uninformed and reactionary putz with your pitiful data that doesnt even come close to backing up your pointless claim. Did you see what Jeffery said in his post? He likes the ES. He didnt go spouting off at the cake-hole about it. Thats why I and we like him and hope he is all the better for it. Did you see what Dave Wendler and Bob Colosi and others talked about? Accurate comparative data to back up their OPINIONS while still being respectful to ES owners. And to even suggest, my dear friend that Dave, Bob, Woody, RGB or others don't understand something about tone is such a ridiculous statement and an insult to them. You are in some pretty serious company within this ridiculous dialogue you started, and you have proven again and again that you are way over your head on the knowledge-meter. Loosen your skin up because every time you move, your mouth opens and something stupid falls out. I'll probably get tossed out of the forum for this, but THIS is the reason the forum occasionally takes on sewer-like qualities. I know im not helping all the good persons in here with my drivel, but this child is ridiculous.
Jess
I agreed with Bob Colosi, I said that I think Taylor should make standard guitars with "C" and without "E" so people can choose there own electronics, and for the most part I said that I like the ES, and I will not convince others of this, so therefore it's not worth arguing about, hence my saying that Taylor should produce fuitars w/out electronics so people can choose there own.

This is what I don't get, you can go on a big rant crtiticising me, claiming that I have criticised you, when I have only criticised other products that I don't like- just as you have done with the ES.

Besides all the false comments you made I am astounded that you choose to continue this, like there is an ongoing contreversy between me and you. Why? You can have your thing, and I can be thrilled with mine, why does that upset you?

You have not helped anything with your drivel, try arguing about the "data" that you speak of rather then addressing and criticising someone who doesn't agree with you for criticising you.

And for everyone else on this thread, I did not criticise anyone! I did criticise other systems, but no more so then the ES was being criticised. SO please don't be offended. And for the good of this forum can we discuss electronics and guitars on this forum instead of criticising people.

Guitars I miss:

2015 Taylor 320

2001 Taylor 410 LOTF Koa
1998 Taylor 310

Pictures of Guitars!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmith
And for everyone else on this thread, I did not criticise anyone! I did criticise other systems, but no more so then the ES was being criticised. SO please don't be offended.
Oh really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmith
People don't like the ES for two reasons:

1. They like the synthetic sound of an electric/acoustic guitar
2. They don't like/understand new technology
Your exact words.

Translation: They don't what an acoustic sounds like and they are too dumb to figure out the ES. If you said some people, you have a leg to stand on but you generalize everyone that doesn't like it.

Or how about implying that the person who started this thread worked for LR Baggs for the reason why they don't like the ES.

You asked why you are getting this heat. I answered. I posted the FACTS. Posting on why you like or dislike a product is fine. But you went a bit too far for backhanded slamming those that don't agree with you. And if you can't see why your statements above might offend some people (especially in a internet forum where we don't know you), then don't be surprised in the future when you do the same thing again and get the same kind of flack from other forum members.

GL
Old 05-13-2004, 01:11 PM

...we'll have the rest of your local WAGF 5-Day Forecast at 6:10...but now, back to Amy and Jim.

Thank you, Rebecca...in local news, a thread was seen spinning out of control.....
Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 05-13-2004, 01:11 PM

Those two comments were not meant to offend. Everyne else says that only people who play in a church or coffee shop like the ES and so on and so forth. THey also asserted certain things about those who developed the ES not understanding how electronics should be constructed ans so on. Those are criticisms. I honestly think that alot of people are used to the electric sound of an amplified guitar- so they aren't prone to like the ES- that's fine.

I have also noticed that people are upset about the balanced signal and compatability with certain set-ups, certain PA's, and certain connections (like going through an unbalanced guitar tuner etc...).

Don't be too sensitive that these observations offend you, I am not the only one to make them. I probably should work on making my writting style less blunt, and explain myself better- ans I am honestly sorry for that, but for the most part what I said does have some merit. I do think that Taylor should make more guitars without electronics for those that use electronics for different things and who will not be satisfied with the ES- so I really am agreeing with what you all are saying.

Please understand I am not trying to offend anyone....

Guitars I miss:

2015 Taylor 320

2001 Taylor 410 LOTF Koa
1998 Taylor 310

Pictures of Guitars!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:31 PM

Default Intrusive - Les Intrusive, who cares !!!

Well I know some people do, but I know a lot of pro players that don't even bring their pretty guitars to their gigs.
I know I have a couple that I would not take to certain locations.

I really don't care what a guitar looks like in general if I am getting the sound out of it that I want.

When I get the chance to play out these days I pick the guitar that I think works for that song or that venue.

I worked as an electronic technician almost all my life and I love technology and gadgets, but I don't care if they put 10 pickups and sensors and a five channel preamp in their guitars, I am still going by the feel and sound to decide if I purchase one or not.

MHO, your mileage may vary,!!
Old 05-14-2004, 01:26 PM

Just got my July issue of AG, and they have a good review of 9 different pickup systems. I really think there's a lot to be said for geting a non-"e" guitar and then outfitting it with the electronics that give the sound you want...
315ce
Old 05-14-2004, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Just got my July issue of AG, and they have a good review of 9 different pickup systems. I really think there's a lot to be said for geting a non-"e" guitar and then outfitting it with the electronics that give the sound you want...
It's harder to get a non-e Taylor than most other makes. I guess that's probably the dealers fault. I wouldn't want to wait on an ordered one. I like to play it in the store and then take it home. Maybe when Taylor figures out that the ES isn't for everyone the'll produce a few more "c" without "e" guitars.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:00 AM

Try the ES system through Bose's PAS system [the "totum pole" looking thing]. it has a EQ preset for the Taylor 810 ES. I like my Big Baby with the Baggs I-beam run through it, and can't wait to get the 412 ce of my dreams, and see how that sounds. Keep on pickin'
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification