The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-10-2020, 06:19 AM

Michael Sweet J40 from Washburn..........
Distressed Black
Old 01-11-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
Is anyone here going? I will be there all week. Let me know if there's anything I should check out!
I'll also be there on Thursday. Can't wait!
Orangewood Oliver Jr. Mahogany
Gretsch Jim Dandy and...
Old 09-21-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
I would like to see 2 new Grand Pacific Builder's Edition models, possibly a 417 and 817, or even something like a 917.
Hey Blue, I read your posts about your gushing love for the GP's 517 and 717 and they've had a big influence on me so thank you for that. I actually had bought the 517 a year ago and sent it back. I know this sounds crazy but I just felt that as a beginner I was not worthy and I just couldn't handle it. I believe Freud called this "Neurosis".

Anyway, here I am a year later and I've been practicing and getting better and I have a vastly better idea of what's available on the market and after it's all said and done, wouldn't you know, I still love the 517 best out of all. (though I did get a second hand Brook Torridge on Reverb that I adore)

My question, how realistic do you think it is that we'll be seeing a 817 version and what price point do you see that at? Seems that might be worth waiting for and I think I'll be able to avoid the same neurotic response if it's way too nice for an intermediate player ! :-)

Thanks again,

William

Last edited by Kerbie; 09-21-2020 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Quote fixed

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion