The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-15-2019, 07:42 PM

Default yup

Going to be a nice pay day for the flight attendants once it gets going
Old 11-15-2019, 09:46 PM
Charter Member

I flew into Heathrow from Mumbia about 45 minutes after that Qantas flight had taken off, so didn't get to see Richard Quest hanging out in terminal, darn it! Would have been cool to see the plane decked out in its anniversary garb.

I travel to India once or twice a year and while there are a couple of non-stop options from major east coast US airports (IAD, JFK, EWR), I've never been able to bite. Granted, the trade-off of 17 hours in a plane is you don't have to layover and deal with security screening at your intermediate airport, saving substantial overall travel time on the way to your destination. Still, 9-10 hours at a pop is my personal limit for flying-tube-time. Give me 3-4 hours on the ground in between to stretch my legs, get some fresh air in my lungs, and get some real food, thank you.

Jet lag might be less of a hurdle on a direct, though, which I could certainly do without. I was pretty useless today after getting in to Richmond around 10:30 PM last night.

Austin
Old 11-15-2019, 10:59 PM

Interesting follow up story from one of the passengers.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/travel/new...fYrC&ocid=iehp

For those who may be wondering, QANTAS does not plan on using their existing Boeing 787/9 for these proposed long distance non-stop flights - they currently have a tender with both Boeing and Airbus for a more suitable long haul aircraft.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird

Last edited by Brucebubs; 11-15-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickgm60 View Post
I fly SF to Beijing, Shanghai, or Taipei somewhat regularly; 14 hours. The 787 is a nice upgrade (I usually fly economy), but that's about my limit. Never have been able to catch more than a cat nap on flights.

I wonder whether those flights will have a higher proportion of business/first class seats, for those who can't be cramped for nearly an entire day.
I've never spent 14 hours on a plane before, not even close to that (fortunately). I get up every hour just to get out of my seat, even on a 1 hour flight I get up once. Very hard on the body sitting so long in the same position.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic