The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-06-2017, 01:51 PM

would you use a small digital mixer and analog mixer for these AMPs?
Old 11-06-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeG View Post
would you use a small digital mixer and analog mixer for these AMPs?
I'll take a shot at answering your question.

Short answer - Yes you can use either one.
Both of these systems have capability for input from an external mixer.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
No .. I'm running a single XLR Mono (left output) to the Bose Guitar input (line level) using XLR to 1/4" TSR.
Thanks for sharing. I have a Play Acoustic and looking for amp to pair with. I am going to check out an QSC 8.2 but may have to try the L1 while at it.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:07 PM

I just brought home a T1 tonight.
Wow, does it ever sound good, and easy to use too!
My archtop sounds phenomenal through this. It's killing my BlackFace Fender amps. As good as the Compact sounds on it's own, the T1 is a huge step.
Throw away your tuner, it's got one. Throw away your peddles, it's got all that too.
So glad I got this!
Peter
Old 11-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnewsom View Post
I just brought home a T1 tonight.
Wow, does it ever sound good, and easy to use too!
My archtop sounds phenomenal through this. It's killing my BlackFace Fender amps. As good as the Compact sounds on it's own, the T1 is a huge step.
Throw away your tuner, it's got one. Throw away your peddles, it's got all that too.
So glad I got this!
Peter
Really? The Tonematch T1 makes that much of a difference thru the L1 Compact?
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 11-07-2017, 02:09 AM

In the sense that it is a very good digital mixer it will make a big difference to the built in connections.

This is a fascinating thread. If I was looking for one of these now I’d probably have earmarked the Fishman as my No 1 option.
Martin J40
Old 11-07-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Really? The Tonematch T1 makes that much of a difference thru the L1 Compact?
It's startling the improvement over my ZED10FX. The sound is fatter, richer, and completely adjustable. Completely makes sense when you think of it, they are eq'ing for the strengths and weaknesses of the system.

The interface is great, I was able to fire it up and figure it out without cracking the manual.

Adjustment to parameters of all effects and tone controls on individual channels is very easy in real time without having to scroll through a lot of menu pages. Bose really did their work and got this right.

Happily, I was able to return the the ZED10 and a VoodooLabs Trem pedal I had bought for use with the Compact, and it covered the cost of the T1. The built in effects are great, with a beautiful crystal clear quality that just sparkles.

Right now my T1 is sitting on a music stand beside my mic stand, but it shows a lot of messy cabling. Trying to decide whether to get the mic stand or tower attachment, and how to best position and dress cables. I'm a little OCD, but the Compact looks so sleek and upscale, it's a shame to have a pile of cables looking bad. The things I worry about...lol

You MUST take a T1 for a spin!
Old 11-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
It's startling the improvement over my ZED10FX. The sound is fatter, richer, and completely adjustable. Completely makes sense when you think of it, they are eq'ing for the strengths and weaknesses of the system.

The interface is great, I was able to fire it up and figure it out without cracking the manual.

Adjustment to parameters of all effects and tone controls on individual channels is very easy in real time without having to scroll through a lot of menu pages. Bose really did their work and got this right.

Happily, I was able to return the the ZED10 and a VoodooLabs Trem pedal I had bought for use with the Compact, and it covered the cost of the T1. The built in effects are great, with a beautiful crystal clear quality that just sparkles.

Right now my T1 is sitting on a music stand beside my mic stand, but it shows a lot of messy cabling. Trying to decide whether to get the mic stand or tower attachment, and how to best position and dress cables. I'm a little OCD, but the Compact looks so sleek and upscale, it's a shame to have a pile of cables looking bad. The things I worry about...lol

Thanks for the info. Is there actually a tower attachment for the L1 "Compact"? I thought that attachment only worked on the other larger Bose Towers?
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 11-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
It's startling the improvement over my ZED10FX. The sound is fatter, richer, and completely adjustable. Completely makes sense when you think of it, they are eq'ing for the strengths and weaknesses of the system....
I've become very fond of sending my vocal and guitar through the Boss VE-8, mainly for the harmonizer and occasional chorus, not to mention the "acoustic resonance" control helps tame the worst qualities of the dreaded Fishman Sonitone. All that gets combined in one signal on the way out (though there's L/R with the same signal IIRC).

Some of the T1's strengths would be wasted in that case, yes? Take the acoustic resonance out of the equation--combining my vocal and guitar into one signal feeding into the T1 is what I'm getting at.

P.S. Kills me that none of the local stores seem to have the 330x in stock for testing.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
I've become very fond of sending my vocal and guitar through the Boss VE-8, mainly for the harmonizer and occasional chorus, not to mention the "acoustic resonance" control helps tame the worst qualities of the dreaded Fishman Sonitone. All that gets combined in one signal on the way out (though there's L/R with the same signal IIRC).

Some of the T1's strengths would be wasted in that case, yes? Take the acoustic resonance out of the equation--combining my vocal and guitar into one signal feeding into the T1 is what I'm getting at.

P.S. Kills me that none of the local stores seem to have the 330x in stock for testing.
Chriscom, you can run that signal into the line-in jack of the Compact. Don't really need the T1 if that's what you have.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
I'll take a shot at answering your question.

Short answer - Yes you can use either one.
Both of these systems have capability for input from an external mixer.
Is the internal EFX enough on these units? Seem like it offer only Reverb.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Chriscom, you can run that signal into the line-in jack of the Compact. Don't really need the T1 if that's what you have.
True that. But some seem to feel that the fastest/best route to the best sound is via the T1 which is not insane since it's designed specifically with the Bose line in mind. (Pnewsom: "It's startling the improvement over my ZED10FX. The sound is fatter, richer, and completely adjustable. Completely makes sense when you think of it, they are eq'ing for the strengths and weaknesses of the system.")

But man do I hate drilling into menus.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
True that. But some seem to feel that the fastest/best route to the best sound is via the T1 which is not insane since it's designed specifically with the Bose line in mind. (Pnewsom: "It's startling the improvement over my ZED10FX. The sound is fatter, richer, and completely adjustable. Completely makes sense when you think of it, they are eq'ing for the strengths and weaknesses of the system.")

But man do I hate drilling into menus.
Yeah.. I hear you on drilling down into menus!

I had the VE-8 and now have the Play Acoustic. Similar systems... in some ways. But in the end I liked my vocals through the Play better than the Boss.

The Play sounds really excellent direct into the Bose Compact.

I am thinking "how can it sound any better?"...
But still tempted to try the T1 (to hear for myself).

So my thinking is to take separate D/I Outs of the Play (Guit and Voc) into two inputs on the T1.

I don't want to give up the Play .. Since it gives me looper and on/off foot control of the various effects (through the TC Helicon Switch-6).
Something the Bose will not do .. right? (No foot switch)

So my big ? is.. Do I really need the T1... With the Play Acoustic?
Old 11-07-2017, 03:26 PM

Pnewsom - You got me sold man!! ... It appears the T1 will really enhance the sound.

Cool you were able to return the other gear to pay for the Bose.

As for placement... Wouldn't you want it attached to Mic stand. To utilize it while playing. I don't think I would want it attached to the L1. Away from my reach...

Quote:

Old 11-07-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeG View Post
Is the internal EFX enough on these units? Seem like it offer only Reverb.
It offers:

ToneMatch Engine: allows you call up built in specific presets for microphones(sm57/85's, EV's, ...), acoustic and electric guitars, specifically by make and models, (Taylors, Martins, Strat's Tele's,) as well as basses and other instruments. All these presets offer a very good starting point, from which you can tweak to your heart's desire and SAVE, to be recalled later.

The menu system is great, only two pages deep for any category, and dedicated input knobs to make it easy to change things. This thing works way easier than your smart phone!

Effect categories include:

zEQ - very easy and effective low/mid/hi tone control on each channel.
Para EQ
Comp/Gate
Modulation: chorus, trem, phase, Flange,
Delays
Reverb and reverb types

They all sound great...sparkling

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification