The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-23-2020, 04:05 PM

Default A thought

I think there's more than one '12-fret' configuration. One style extends the upper bout up to the 12th fret, and the nut is the same distance from the endpin as a 14-fret version of a guitar without the extended upper bout. A second variation moves the neck two frets closer to the endpin and in so doing moves the bridge that distance deeper into the lower bout. The second variation also, by relocating the neck, brings the nut two frets closer to the endpin, giving a 'short scale' feel to the fingerboard.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silurian View Post
The Breedlove Concertina models are 12 fret.
Yes they are. I have a Pursuit Exotic Concertina (its made out of myrtlewood), and it's a great sounding guitar. I've owned and played other 12-frets, and it's one of the best sounding ones I've ever had.

My Smile Makers:

Guild OM-120
Guild F-2512E Deluxe 12-string
Eastman E3DE
2013 Ibanez AFJ-95
Old 01-23-2020, 05:01 PM

I recommend a used martin 00-28vs if you can find one. Tonally they are warm, well balanced, very sweet trebles and deep lows. They have chunky mod v necks with a very wide nut, which you will either love or hate.

They excel when played with a light touch, with or without a pick. Truly remarkable little guitars.

1934 Gibson Kalamazoo KG11

www.reverbnation.com/jamesascott
Old 01-23-2020, 06:04 PM

My experience with 00 and parlors is they all tend to be loud-ish with little effort, and rare are the ones that don't sound small. I anticipate that kind of voicing but it's the color I have to hear. This guitar is going to be available for when I do have the spark to play, as I've been shifting away from playing to other things that can be better shared with my family, so I doubt I'll invest in it as I have in other guitars in the past. That's another reason the Guild P-240 is appealing. But, I still have to play a guitar before I buy it. Thanks again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion