The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-26-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
I am, thanks. I just posted something that's a little "off the wall" in Show and Tell,

I'm just entertaining myself and trying to get through a slightly stressful time.
Oh, yea. Read about that. I find the switches in the mind that turn something off and turn something else on rarely operate autonomously. Most times only a PMA is the key to that sequencing. Same age, you already know that.

What I do for an escape can no longer be found in playing published music. It's become so routine that it's starting to augment rather than diminish circumstances. So, I look for it elsewhere and writing gives it a chance if mood cooperates.

I began that back in 76 before I took a hiatus (29 years). At that time I found that my influences were harder to shake than make so it was a frustrating task to re-create myself as a player. I put it all down and went about the work of developing myself as a contributing member of society, and all that entails, without music in any form (losing influences) to effect the purge I felt I needed.

Back again in 05 with new gear, writing was the only thing I had in mind and have since disciplined published music to play 2nd fiddle to that. Writing had finally found me in the form of a unique sound, or at least unique enough for me to find little familiarity in it regarding old influences.

So, I guess what I'm making a point about is published music playing no role in my musical escape from the mundane, and the fielding of the toils, tasks and troubles of a world I partly created, partly stumbled into.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:38 PM
Charter Member

I thought you meant;

Maybe it's time to start singing.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:55 PM
Charter Member

The dreaded wall...argggg
Are you talking both lyrics and music.
When I ever I hit it I put down my guitar and dive deep into the listening pool.

My last confrontation with the wall I listened to a whole lot of this guy for a week.
Just one line or riff can open up a whole new world to walk through

Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 05-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
The dreaded wall...argggg
Are you talking both lyrics and music.
When I ever I hit it I put down my guitar and dive deep into the listening pool.

My last confrontation with the wall I listened to a whole lot of this guy for a week.
Just one line or riff can open up a whole new world to walk through

No, just instrumentals. When I sing birds fall from the sky.....

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
No, just instrumentals. When I sing birds fall from the sky.....
"Birds Fall From The Sky!" There's a song title lurking inside your quote.

Wells gone dry. Been there, done that! Sometimes we just have to wait for some rain to fill up the well again.

Okay, now I'm starting to sound like a Cormac McCarthy novel without the accent.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write