The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-17-2019, 12:05 PM
MrEd MrEd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 514
Default Pachelbel's Canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPqJJlqP6N4

Pachelbel's Canon

At about 350 years old this song still stirs the soul to this day. Just a wonderful tune. I hope you enjoy my attempt at “Pachelbel’s Canon”.

Mike

Epiphone Masterbilt
Blueridge BR160 High Strung (Capo at 2nd fret)
Godin Nylon Multiac
Roland GR-55 for synth sounds
__________________
Godin Washburn Fender Epiphone Walden Blueridge

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:08 PM
AndreF AndreF is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 786
Default

Well done!
I especially liked the way you introduced the synth at about the 1:45 mark. It suits the tune well. I think Pachelbel would have approved!
Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Best regards,
Andre
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:21 PM
islandguitar's Avatar
islandguitar islandguitar is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 2,624
Default

That was great, Mike! Really some super tech stuff you've inserted with your different playing on each instrument.......how'd you do that?

A beautiful classic.........thanks for the hard work in putting that together!!!
Best,
Fred
__________________
1993 Bourgeois JOM
1967 Martin D12-20
2007 Vines Artisan Grand Concert-Cedar/Quilted Sapele
2014 Doerr Legacy-LS Redwood/Cocobolo
2014 Bamburg FSC-Carpathian Spruce/Macassar Ebony


______________________________
www.soundcloud.com/island-guitar
http://store.cdbaby.com/cd/fredbartlett
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:48 PM
Glennwillow Glennwillow is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Coastal Washington State
Posts: 32,975
Default

Nice job Mike!

Well done! And it was fun seeing little added versions of you in corners of the video screen, too! Nice little arrangement!

- Glenn
__________________
My You Tube Channel
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:57 PM
MrEd MrEd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreF View Post
Well done!
I especially liked the way you introduced the synth at about the 1:45 mark. It suits the tune well. I think Pachelbel would have approved!
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Andre for commenting. I'm glad you enjoyed it and maybe Pachelbel would approve!

Thanks again

Mike
__________________
Godin Washburn Fender Epiphone Walden Blueridge

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-2019, 02:02 PM
MrEd MrEd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
That was great, Mike! Really some super tech stuff you've inserted with your different playing on each instrument.......how'd you do that?

A beautiful classic.........thanks for the hard work in putting that together!!!
Best,
Fred
Hi Fred. The synth's are played through my Roland GR-55 using the Godin Multiac guitar which is equipped with a 13 pin interface. I have enjoyed the Roland over the years it really does open up a lot of possibilities.

Thank you for the kind words Fred.

Mike
__________________
Godin Washburn Fender Epiphone Walden Blueridge

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2019, 02:03 PM
MrEd MrEd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Nice job Mike!

Well done! And it was fun seeing little added versions of you in corners of the video screen, too! Nice little arrangement!

- Glenn
Thanks so much for commenting Glenn. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As always I appreciate it.

Mike
__________________
Godin Washburn Fender Epiphone Walden Blueridge

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-2019, 02:48 PM
Imbler Imbler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 370
Default

Very nice playing and arranging. I think I've played that piece on every instrument I've learned, but never at the same time! thanks for sharing,
Mike


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPqJJlqP6N4

Pachelbel's Canon

At about 350 years old this song still stirs the soul to this day. Just a wonderful tune. I hope you enjoy my attempt at “Pachelbel’s Canon”.

Mike

Epiphone Masterbilt
Blueridge BR160 High Strung (Capo at 2nd fret)
Godin Nylon Multiac
Roland GR-55 for synth sounds
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2019, 06:53 PM
Bob Womack's Avatar
Bob Womack Bob Womack is offline
Guitar Gourmet
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Between Clever and Stupid
Posts: 21,730
Default

I wrote a little article about the Canon, looking into a very modern interpretation that changed things entirely in 1968. It is here: OF JOHN AND JOHN-FRANK. It became a favorite of mine in the mid-seventies when a physics professor introduced me to it. Incidentally, my wife and I beat the trend by several years and used the Canon as the processional at our wedding before it had even been heard by most people. However, as a result of seeing my lovely wife coming down the aisle to the piece, there are emotions I simply can't remove from the equation.



Bob
__________________
"It is said, 'Go not to the elves for counsel for they will say both no and yes.' "
Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion, The Fellowship of the Ring

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2019, 07:15 PM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 25,112
Default

Really nice Mike, great job!
__________________
Barry

Originals:
The Journey***Touched By Light***The Stone Path***

Covers:

Ciuil Amuigh**Star of the County Down**The Foggy Dew**

Avalon L2-320C
Larrivee OM-05
Guild D-120c
Guild D-55 {retired}
Gibson J-45
Martin D-16GT
3 solid top/lams
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-17-2019, 09:36 PM
Rogerblair Rogerblair is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 641
Default

Mike, very, very nice. Good arrangement and your pacing remained steady throughout.. not always easy. Well performed!

Thanks for sharing your talents.

Roger
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-18-2019, 07:40 AM
rémy64 rémy64 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 480
Default

Very Nice!!!
__________________
O Romantique jean-marie Fouilleul
00 jean-marie Fouilleul
OM thomas Féjoz
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-18-2019, 09:37 AM
MrEd MrEd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbler View Post
Very nice playing and arranging. I think I've played that piece on every instrument I've learned, but never at the same time! thanks for sharing,
Mike
It's a wonderful & challenging tune. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you

Mike
__________________
Godin Washburn Fender Epiphone Walden Blueridge

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-18-2019, 10:01 AM
MrEd MrEd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I wrote a little article about the Canon, looking into a very modern interpretation that changed things entirely in 1968. It is here: OF JOHN AND JOHN-FRANK. It became a favorite of mine in the mid-seventies when a physics professor introduced me to it. Incidentally, my wife and I beat the trend by several years and used the Canon as the processional at our wedding before it had even been heard by most people. However, as a result of seeing my lovely wife coming down the aisle to the piece, there are emotions I simply can't remove from the equation.



Bob
What a great article! It helps me understand why this tune is so emotional. Thank you so very much for this!

Beautifully written.

Mike
__________________
Godin Washburn Fender Epiphone Walden Blueridge

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-18-2019, 10:02 AM
MrEd MrEd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Really nice Mike, great job!
I'm glad you enjoyed it Barry. Thanks for commenting.

Mike
__________________
Godin Washburn Fender Epiphone Walden Blueridge

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=