The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssc_lnn View Post
I'm posting from my cousins account. Lol. I didn't feel like making an account that I'd be on one time and be spammed with emails. Yes she did buy a Taylor and loves it. But no. Not the same person
Use someone else's account. Make a conscious decision that you are going to log in only once and not bother with AGF anymore but then impose on the community for advice.

Pretty selfish forum behavior.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 11-11-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssc_lnn View Post
Like I said, I'm buying from local pawn shops. The closest Guitar Center to me is about 200 miles. The local music shops are way over priced. Are online websites good to purchase from? What if there is damage from shipping or something like that?
Sweetwater and Musicians Friend both have very generous return policies. If you don't know what to look for in a used guitar (poor intonation, loose braces, bad neck angle, high frets) you can buy a lemon very quickly.

Buy new and from a reputable dealer and you won't have any worries. They ship quickly and well packed. If an item is damaged in shipping they will pay to have it shipped back. I have never been spammed on this site. Whether you join or not is up to you but it is hardly a risky endeavor.

Happy hunting.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 11-11-2015, 07:37 AM

I played a new Fender acoustic at Guitar Center, it was red. It was the loudest guitar in the room. Everyone looked at me when I strummed a G-chord. I was surprised because Fender acoustic guitars have been known to be really low sounding.

I think Fender has found a voice in the acoustic market. They have a $599 guitar and I have to say I was blown on how well it looked and sounded.

As for Ibanez their guitars look really nice but sound kinda nasally (<--if this is a tone word) to me.

These two brands are going to be better in the future, yes there is better in the $300 range but in a few years I may own one (I own a Fender Telecaster Limited Production model).

YouTube Channel - Guitars, Gear, Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_w..._k-vCqoY7yPm1Q
Old 11-11-2015, 08:14 AM

Ibanez guitars vary a lot. Mine is an all solid wood dread that is lightly built and very responsive. But they also make a lot of all laminate electro-acoustics with a small body size and they won't sound good unplugged.

I am thinking of buying my 10 year old son a laminate Ibanez electro-acoustic as his first starter guitar because they are cheap and quite tough and the body size would suit him. And it won't be too loud.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, beginner, fender, ibanez