The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-06-2018, 09:34 AM

Default Concierto De Aranjuez - help with finding an arrangement

Concierto De Aranjuez - help with finding an good arrangement.

For a Holiday treat to myself, I've decided that I'd like to learn/memorize the famed 2nd movement/adagio.

I haven't had much luck trying to find the sheet music...Not the guitar part of the composition only, but a decent arrangement for solo guitar.

I'm cool with either standard notation, which I would prefer, or tab, because at this point, I'm not going to be finicky.

I know there are a lot of tab arrangements out there, but what I'm asking is if anyone can point me to one that he or she has found to be a pretty good version. I'm trying to avoid some false starts.

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:53 AM

Walter Abt's version is one of the nicest I've seen/heard, but I'm not sure if it was ever published. Rodrigo actually produced a few versions of the adagio for various instruments under the title "Aranjuez my pensee." The voice and guitar version seems to be the most often performed, but there is a solo guitar version that is more or less the guitar part from the concerto. You would need to fill out the chords, though. So I guess I haven't answered your question, but maybe one of these avenues will be fruitful for you.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menhir View Post
Concierto De Aranjuez - help with finding an good arrangement.

For a Holiday treat to myself, I've decided that I'd like to learn/memorize the famed 2nd movement/adagio.

I haven't had much luck trying to find the sheet music...Not the guitar part of the composition only, but a decent arrangement for solo guitar.

I'm cool with either standard notation, which I would prefer, or tab, because at this point, I'm not going to be finicky.

I know there are a lot of tab arrangements out there, but what I'm asking is if anyone can point me to one that he or she has found to be a pretty good version. I'm trying to avoid some false starts.

Thanks.
Here my version:

Old 12-06-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwink View Post
... So I guess I haven't answered your question, but maybe one of these avenues will be fruitful for you.
You've been more helpful than you realized. I wasn't aware of the Aranjuez ma pensee version, so now I have a new avenue to explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargius View Post
Here my version:

Nice. I actually came across that video while searching for the music.

You wouldn't have happened to have published your arrangement, wouldya?

Wondering...
One would think that a standard notation arrangement of such an iconic piece would be a lot more available.
Oh well,
I'll keep searching and if nothing comes up, I'll just figure it out myself the hard way. Either way, it'll get done.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Giuseppe has many wonderful arrangements available to purchase, including his nice arrangement of the Aranjuez 2nd movement theme, on his website:

http://www.chitarrarte.it

In fact, I had intended to purchase his arrangement of the Aranjuez 2nd movement theme when he first shared it here, and then forgot to do so. So, thank you for bringing this up.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
Giuseppe has many wonderful arrangements available to purchase, including his nice arrangement of the Aranjuez 2nd movement theme, on his website:

http://www.chitarrarte.it
When you figure out how to actually purchase anything on that site, let me know.

The only thing I can get it to do is play YouTube videos.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Send him an email. He will email you a link to his PayPal. After you pay him, he will email you the arrangement. I have purchased several arrangements from him over the years.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical