The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-05-2018, 06:46 AM
Charter Member

Default WOOT WOOT! Ransom note received for custom X7!! UPDATE: SHIPPED!!!

It's getting real now! I received my ransom note this morning from Emerald and promptly paid it. Hoping it ships tomorrow. This is playing out just like last year's Christmas Miracle NGD post. Hopefully without the getting lost in the mail three week nightmare though.

I'm hoping since I've been a really good boy this year (didn't bug Emerald at all) that karma is on my side and I get the guitar more timely. Tough time of year for shipping though! I've got a double gig on the 22nd & 23rd that I'd love to debut the new X7 custom woody at. Stay tuned...

Update: Shipped on 12/6/18. Last year's custom shipped on 12/4 and arrived on 12/23. Hoping for a quicker journey with this one!

Last edited by Methos1979; 12-07-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:47 AM

All tuned in here,
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-05-2018, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations, Fingers crossed you get it in time!
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 12-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Charter Member

We'll be looking forward to the grand unveiling! Hope the shipping doesn't get all "Grinchy" on you.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

Congrats - did they send photos yet?

-Ray
Old 12-05-2018, 10:54 AM

Sweet Butterflies!
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 12-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Congrats Methos, looking forward to your review and eventual decision on what goes...
Old 12-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

I got an email from Alistair himself telling me the guitar was on the way, shipped yesterday! Much of my communications have been with Alistair directly. In the order process Kevin was out on vacation so I dealt directly with Alistair and then (once again) due to the level of customization my order required Alistair worked on my guitar. It sounds like he's as excited as I am with regard to this guitar. When he sent me the email saying the guitar was on the way he included this line:

"I have been really taken by the beauty of the guitar we built for you. You will certainly love it."

Of course this was my plan when I had the idea in my mind and Alistair and I worked together to come up with a finalized look. So I'm pretty stoked that he's really taken with how the final look turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Congrats - did they send photos yet?

-Ray
No photos yet. Not even sure I want to see them, truth be told as it's only going to make the wait that much harder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frettingflyer View Post
Congrats Methos, looking forward to your review and eventual decision on what goes...
I thought I'd pretty much decided but now I'm wavering once again. It's going to come down to a three-way guitar-off and even then I'm not sure I'll be able to make a decision. I'll likely take the entire winter months to decide to make certain. Who know? Maybe the choice will end up being obvious once the new one arrives! Maybe I'll have YOU come over to help me decide!
Old 12-07-2018, 10:00 AM

Can't wait to hear about your NGD Scott. You always put up insightful and honest reviews!
Old 12-07-2018, 08:58 PM

I’m so happy for you. It seem only yesterday I was commiserating on PM with a few members about an impending arrival from Donagal. But, you’ve been there before. “I was born before the age of chivalry.”
Old 12-07-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Maybe I'll have YOU come over to help me decide!
I could probably subject myself to playing those wonderful guitars so you could hear the sound “out front”! I just hope I wouldn’t end up buying the 3rd one from you.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:19 AM

Did you get it yet?? Did ya did ya?? You are closer to Ireland than a lot of us.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-08-2018, 05:40 AM

Old 12-08-2018, 07:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
I’m so happy for you. It seem only yesterday I was commiserating on PM with a few members about an impending arrival from Donagal. But, you’ve been there before. “I was born before the age of chivalry.”
Yes, last year was SO much worse. The X20 was already delayed a couple months and then when an entire Emerald shipment disappeared I thought my head was going to cave in. Poor Sean. I still wonder if I was the straw that broke that poor lad's back and that's why he left Emerald! But with this guitar I've been positively Zen-like. And even though I'm VERY excited to get it, I'm still very chill despite Kramster's best efforts to stoke the fires of antici.... PATION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frettingflyer View Post
I could probably subject myself to playing those wonderful guitars so you could hear the sound “out front”! I just hope I wouldn’t end up buying the 3rd one from you.
That would be great and very helpful. I gotta tell you though, the closer it gets to A-day (arrival), the more I wonder if John (jdinco) will not have called it months back when he made the suggestion about placing bets as to whether I'd become a three-guitar owner! Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Can't wait to hear about your NGD Scott. You always put up insightful and honest reviews!
Thanks! I always try to provide detailed reviews. It's one of the things I value most here on AGF - all the helpful opinions from others. So I always try to return the favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Did you get it yet?? Did ya did ya?? You are closer to Ireland than a lot of us.
You are just an evil, EVIL man!!! Nice try, though. I'm still in Zen-chill mode! I'm a little surprised the Evan and the Captain have not piled on just yet!
Old 12-08-2018, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, that Evan. But... moi? And for the record, Kramster's "Mayflower Shipping Co" started my morning with a belly laugh!

Scott, it is easy to be Zen-chill when you have a couple other fine guitars to occupy your attention. I didn't even say anything about ordering my X10 until I was given (the first) "almost ready to ship" notice. Then, it was old news by the third "almost ready to ship" notice. I hope this shipping wait goes smooth and easy for you.

We're all anxious to see this newest creation!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber