The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Default ToneDexter to the Rescue - Beach Recording

We just got back from a week in Kona, fantastic weather, scenery, food. My wife got the idea that we should shoot a guitar video on the beach. I know Fran Guidry has done this successfully, but I've not tried anything like this. She shot the video with her iphone, I recorded with the pickup (Baggs Anthem in a Rainsong APE) into a portable recorder - the surf was so loud I could barely hear the guitar in person, and the iphone hardly picked up any of it. The people sunbathing a few feet away seemed mildly curious, but I don't think they could hear me, either, so they more or less slept thru the whole thing :-) Back home, I ran the recording thru ToneDexter, and with a bit more EQ and processing, got a usable sound, considering. Ocean sound is from the iphone. I was blissfully unaware of how big the waves were behind me were while I was playing!

Old 12-04-2018, 03:16 PM

Lovely video and tune. Your setting sure beats the cold north wind here in Arkansas.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell