The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-09-2018, 04:42 PM

Best game of the season could be this evening - my Flames, vs. the Oilers. Flames called up Anthony Peluso to keep Kassian in check. Having Dalton Prout on the ice doesn't hurt, either. The last game was old-school - I was in Banff w/the family - my son had an orchestra concert there next day. We enjoyed, as a family, whilst playing Kaiser! Very Canadian!!

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 12-09-2018, 04:45 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
The Islanders are playing some of their games this year back in Long Island. They're getting more fans there than in Brooklyn.

$650M for the Seattle team ... wow. Do you think you'll go to any games?
I was born in Brooklyn. The arena isn't far from where I lived. Basketball gets more time in Brooklyn. The fans out on the Island will support the team, if the ownership group steps up.

As for seeing a game in Seattle - no need. I'm in Calgary! Let them come here.

Seattle and Vancouver will have a nice, natural rivalry. People in Vancouver already yappin' about it.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Old 12-09-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Best game of the season could be this evening - my Flames, vs. the Oilers. Flames called up Anthony Peluso to keep Kassian in check. Having Dalton Prout on the ice doesn't hurt, either. The last game was old-school - I was in Banff w/the family - my son had an orchestra concert there next day. We enjoyed, as a family, whilst playing Kaiser! Very Canadian!!
Those Oilers vs Flames games in the 80's were great. Physical games and both teams did come up on top - Oilers moreso but the Steve Smith goal in his own net in game 7 gave Calgary their chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
I was born in Brooklyn. The arena isn't far from where I lived. Basketball gets more time in Brooklyn. The fans out on the Island will support the team, if the ownership group steps up.

As for seeing a game in Seattle - no need. I'm in Calgary! Let them come here.

Seattle and Vancouver will have a nice, natural rivalry. People in Vancouver already yappin' about it.
Seattle will probably be in your division. You'll be able to see them in Calgary.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:10 PM

I will probably go to a game in Seattle, it is only 3 hours away, and I like Seattle a lot. Go to a game, go to Dusty Strings.

Celtic harps: 1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)
Old 12-10-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumei View Post
I will probably go to a game in Seattle, it is only 3 hours away, and I like Seattle a lot. Go to a game, go to Dusty Strings.
I read today that the Canucks' rookie Pettersson's 5 point night last night was his second of the season and only the second rookie to have two 5 point nights by Dec. Who was the first? I didn't catch that?

I just checked Gretzky's stats for his rookie year. It's not him. But he did have ten 3 point games, seven 4 point games, and 5, 6, and 7 point games ... just not by Dec. Wow - that's some serious scoring for a rookie.
https://www.nhl.com/player/wayne-gre...eason=19791980
Old 12-17-2018, 04:41 PM

Any interesting story lines today?
Old 12-17-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Any interesting story lines today?
Flyers fired HC Dave Hakstol.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-17-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I read today that the Canucks' rookie Pettersson's 5 point night last night was his second of the season and only the second rookie to have two 5 point nights by Dec. Who was the first? I didn't catch that?

I just checked Gretzky's stats for his rookie year. It's not him. But he did have ten 3 point games, seven 4 point games, and 5, 6, and 7 point games ... just not by Dec. Wow - that's some serious scoring for a rookie.
https://www.nhl.com/player/wayne-gre...eason=19791980
Been trying to find that first rookie...I don't know who that is.

Pettersson is a joy to watch. His slap shot is blistering, his release is FAST. Hopefully he likes it here in Vancouver and sticks around, although I suspect management will not be letting him go any time soon. He has become a fan fav.

Celtic harps: 1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)
Old 12-18-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Been trying to find that first rookie...I don't know who that is.

Pettersson is a joy to watch. His slap shot is blistering, his release is FAST. Hopefully he likes it here in Vancouver and sticks around, although I suspect management will not be letting him go any time soon. He has become a fan fav.
Great that Pettersson is exciting the home crowd. How's Brock Boeser doing this year? Last year we heard about him because he was a contender for rookie of the year but Sportsnet doesn't talk much about the west coast teams - just Toronto.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Great that Pettersson is exciting the home crowd. How's Brock Boeser doing this year? Last year we heard about him because he was a contender for rookie of the year but Sportsnet doesn't talk much about the west coast teams - just Toronto.
He was off with a groin injury but is now back and doing well. He is +8; 12 goals and 22 points in 23 games. Got a hat trick Dec. 10., mind you one of them was a pure fluke - it missed the goal, hit the back wall, bounced forward, hit the goalie and went in.

They have him on the line with Petterrson.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
He was off with a groin injury but is now back and doing well. He is +8; 12 goals and 22 points in 23 games. Got a hat trick Dec. 10., mind you one of them was a pure fluke - it missed the goal, hit the back wall, bounced forward, hit the goalie and went in.

They have him on the line with Petterrson.
I didn't realize that Boeser is doing so well. Sounds like the Canucks are building a great team.

Penguins and Capitals tonight. As always, it's a much hyped game between the two big guys.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I didn't realize that Boeser is doing so well. Sounds like the Canucks are building a great team.

Penguins and Capitals tonight. As always, it's a much hyped game between the two big guys.
Lightning vs. Flames, tomorrow, as well. Some great games coming up. Boeser's a real gem, for the Nucks. Green is the right coach, at the right time, for a team I truly root against, even though I like Travis Green!

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Old 12-20-2018, 04:51 PM

Penguins beat the Caps last night! Crosby with a goal and an assist. The highlights showed a couple of roughhousing spots.

Both Bruins and Penguins playing tonight.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:56 PM

Pens and Bruins both winners over Western Conference foes tonight. Both with 40 points on the season.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-21-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens and Bruins both winners over Western Conference foes tonight. Both with 40 points on the season.
That's good news. Toronto/Montreal/Tampa also won in the Atlantic division so Boston didn't gain there.

Matthews had 4 points for Toronto last night and Marner had 3. What a great pair they make. Nylander has only 2 points in his 7 games back since his holdout ... and they both came in the same game a few games back.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic