The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Default Requiem for a Dream on solo acoustic guitar

Hello everyone,

here is my brand new acoustic guitar solo cover of this famous piece of music. Requiem for a Dream by Clint Mansell. Hope, you'll like the video

Also many thanks to everyone involved in the topic ''Question about recoding fingerstyle and percussive guitar'' in the RECORD section. You guys helped me a lot and I hope, I improved my recording skill a little bit. Still so much to learn!

Old 12-02-2018, 04:55 PM

Absolutely stunning!

https://www.youtube.com/user/1953MrEd
Old 12-02-2018, 05:18 PM

Really Nice....MF
Old 12-03-2018, 01:55 PM

Thank you
Old 12-04-2018, 02:20 AM

The arrangement and the playing are mind blowing. But man, how did you get to film in the catacombs? Perfect setting, but how you get to do that?
Old 12-04-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ9RW View Post
The arrangement and the playing are mind blowing. But man, how did you get to film in the catacombs? Perfect setting, but how you get to do that?
Thank you very much! I won't lie, it was very difficult to get there. Lucky coincidence. I really did not expect, they will allow us to film there.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:27 PM

This just shot me back about a million years (though it wasn't that long ago), to a time and place where that movie (and song) was one of my very favorites.. I can't really watch it anymore .. but FANTASTIC job. the playing, the arrangement, the video... all absolutely superb.

If anyone wants to watch a slightly dark but masterfully done kind of mind-bender of a movie.. that's one of the greats of all time, IMO. it's.. not for everyone.
Fishman | Loudbox Mini | Primetone 1.0mm

"what is the universe? the universe is a symphony of vibrating strings.." -michio kaku
Old 12-05-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v32 finish View Post
This just shot me back about a million years (though it wasn't that long ago), to a time and place where that movie (and song) was one of my very favorites.. I can't really watch it anymore .. but FANTASTIC job. the playing, the arrangement, the video... all absolutely superb.

If anyone wants to watch a slightly dark but masterfully done kind of mind-bender of a movie.. that's one of the greats of all time, IMO. it's.. not for everyone.
Thank you. The idea was make a tribute video to death and after life, what is beyond etc. The movie itself is not really about death, but it's about addiction, which often ends with death. Nevertheless you're right, the movie is not for weak characters and Clint Mansell did a great job here as a composer.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:36 PM
AGF Administrator

Very nice arrangement. This is one of my favorite film pieces. For anyone who might look for the original, it's called "Lux Aeterna" on the film's soundtrack.

I first got introduced to Clint Mansell's work when I watched another Darren Aronofsky film "The Fountain" which is a favorite of mine.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:03 AM

Pretty piece, mysterious, beautiful sound

https://remylefer.bandcamp.com/follow_me

https://open.spotify.com/album/6trcd...qGm8CDlKj8yFiQ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell