The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-28-2018, 09:43 AM

Default EW Spaces 2

Wondering if anyone here on the AGF has this reverb plugin and if the $299 U.S. (about $5,000.00 in Canadian dollars.....okay, I confess I'm occasionally given to hyperbole but....) is justified in your experience.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:16 AM

I think whether or not it's worth it depends on what you need regarding reverbs and what kind of music you're creating. These big convolution libraries are perfect for post production in the movie world.

There's a lot of spaces in this that you probably will never use.

I bought Altverb, which is similar to this, and don't use it very much at all.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

There is a 10 day trial download. Do that first. If you like it and want to activate it you will need to have an iLok account.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 11-28-2018, 10:58 AM
Charter Member

Smile Reverb Plugin

I own QL Spaces (V1) and it is a good reverb. That being said, my go-to reverb for acoustic guitar is Relab LX480 Complete. I purchased it here: https://plugindiscounts.com/product/...x480-complete/. The Relab LX480 sounded more natural to my ears. The user interface is very clunky though because it is based on the Lexicon 480L hardware unit. However, the Relab LX480 has improved algorithms with higher density than found on any other reverb plugin (and the original). This claim is from Relab and I have no way to verify it. I only know it sounds better than my other reverb plugins.

The other reverb plugin I want to try is LiquidSonics Seventh Heaven Professional: https://www.liquidsonics.com/softwar...-professional/

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut

Last edited by Cocobolo Kid; 11-28-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
There is a 10 day trial download. Do that first. If you like it and want to activate it you will need to have an iLok account.
Good advice to be sure! I've got the iLok covered and at the $299 discount price I'd also go the trial route before making a commitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
I own QL Spaces (V1) and it is a good reverb. That being said, my go-to reverb for acoustic guitar is Relab LX480 Complete. I purchased it here: https://plugindiscounts.com/product/...x480-complete/. The Relab LX480 sounded more natural to my ears. The user interface is very clunky though because it is based on the Lexicon 480L hardware unit. However, the Relab LX480 has improved algorithms with higher density than found on any other reverb plugin (and the original). This claim is from Relab and I have no way to verify it. I only know it sounds better than my other reverb plugins.

The other reverb plugin I want to try is LiquidSonics Seventh Heaven Professional: https://www.liquidsonics.com/softwar...-professional/
I have Lexicon 480 and 960 IRs loaded into my Space Designer (in the box Logic convolution reverb) as well as the pared down LiquidSonics Seventh Heaven reverb. The presets I use most often for acoustic guitar are the Lexicon Halls-Small Church and Seventh Heaven Boston Hall B.
The EW Spaces 2 strikes me as geared to sound engineers and studios involved in much more complex projects than I'm doing but the preset clips I've heard from it sound really great.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
For reverbs I have Seventh Heaven, Aether, Waves IR, Lexicon PCM Native, VSS3, among a few others.

I tried Fab Filter Pro which I liked but had a hard time customizing the sound. If it had more presets I like I might have bought it.

The "best" reverb to use depends on the initial recording.

A convolution reverb I tend to like because it gives a really solid thickness to notes is Waves IR in combination with some of the
Bricasti IR emulations (I got those IRs from Samplecity).

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 11-28-2018, 02:59 PM

For those of you who haven't, download a trial of Ebony by Acustica. It's in a class by itself when it comes to density.

Ebony is actually a few different plugins and includes an EQ and compressor. Acustica makes other plugins I prefer for those purposes, but if nothing else try the reverb. You need a strong CPU to load many instances of it.

Acustica is on the leading edge of tech and are making plugins indistinguishable from the hardware it's sampled on.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Tags
convolution reverb, irs, reverb plugins