The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-29-2018, 12:38 PM

Default Nylon string rainsong

Does Rainsong still make a parlor sized nylon string? I've searched as best as I know how and came up empty. But I thought that I had seen them before.
Thanks for the help.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:45 PM

Yes. http://www.rainsong.com/parlor/np12.html
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 10-29-2018, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJH View Post
Does Rainsong still make a parlor sized nylon string? I've searched as best as I know how and came up empty. But I thought that I had seen them before.
Thanks for the help.
As far as I know they are still producing them. They are not all that easy to find out there but I bought one about 4 months ago.

People that want a more traditional nut width would probably not bond with them but I'm really enjoying mine. They sound really good, nice size to just sit and play.
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin
Old 10-29-2018, 02:56 PM
Guest 928

MJH;

I understand that they are still made, but as pointed out, they are not a common item in music stores. If you are patient there are occasional used ones at very reasonable prices. I don't know if RS still makes the color-burst models, but they are particularly beautiful.

Benderman knows his guitars and notes the one thing that bothers some people about the RS parlor nylon; the narrow nut. I suspect the guitar was designed for steel players who want the nylon sound. I play nylon string guitars, went from the 2" nut to the 1 7/8" hybrid nut, and have found the narrow nut of the RS easily adaptable.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:58 PM
Guest 928

MJH;

I understand that they are still made, but as pointed out, they are not a common item in music stores. If you are patient there are occasional used ones at very reasonable prices. I don't know if RS still makes the color-burst models, but they are particularly beautiful.

Benderman knows his guitars and notes the one thing that bothers some people about the RS parlor nylon; the narrow nut. I suspect the guitar was designed for steel players who want the nylon sound. I play nylon string guitars, went from the 2" nut to the 1 7/8" hybrid nut, and have found the narrow nut of the RS to be no problem (though I still prefer 1 7/8").

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber