The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-17-2018, 08:50 AM

Default Phoenix trip again

We will be heading south to visit mom in Sun City all next week, arriving Monday afternoon and leaving again the following Saturday by noon. The X20 and custom X20-12 will be coming with us. If anyone in the area wanted to try them out, get in touch with me via email (part of my profile) and we'll exchange phone numbers.

Last February our trip resulted in Carbon Fest I. Given the short notice, a gathering probably cannot happen this time, but I am willing to be a conduit.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

If you are coming for a visit this winter, we'll be there again in Feb and March - would enjoy seeing you two again. Have fun with your time there this trip.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:21 AM

We would love to visit and pick some tunes with you again too, Jim. I'm not sure about late October and anything earlier than late March 2019 though. We try to get there twice a year, and normally do the spring visit in early April before it gets hot there. But I will certainly let you know.

PS: I enjoy following your blog almost daily. Pet Rufus extra just for us.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
We would love to visit and pick some tunes with you again too, Jim. I'm not sure about late October and anything earlier than late March 2019 though. We try to get there twice a year, and normally do the spring visit in early April before it gets hot there. But I will certainly let you know.

PS: I enjoy following your blog almost daily. Pet Rufus extra just for us.
You wouldn't believe how much Rufus has blossomed since you saw him...

He says "Hi back at ya!" You were the first non-family to see him. He remembers.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:09 PM

Phoenix?? But the weather is so perfect now.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-17-2018, 05:48 PM

That is why we visit in late October or no later than mid-April. We get enough hot weather up here in July-August, and that is sooooo minor league compared to the heat down there. Plus the odds of hitting a winter storm while driving down is reduced.

I wouldn't mind getting together to try your X10 or X30, Kramster. Not that I'm actually in the market.....
Old 10-17-2018, 06:00 PM
Guest 928

Earl;

And if you happen to get stuck in Las Vegas, let me know--we can share our pot o Emeralds.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't mind getting together to try your X10 or X30, Kramster. Not that I'm actually in the market.....
Ok..Ill rest up..
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-18-2018, 09:00 AM

Kramster: I still have your email and phone number. We'll be in touch.

Evan: A kind offer and I would very much like to do that, but Vegas is a waypoint along the trip. We'll stop short in Alamo southbound, and push on past to Ely on the northbound leg. That breaks our long trip into manageable bites. Vegas to Boise is just too much for us in one leg - 10 hours. But if you send me an email (not a PM) with your phone number, we'll at least chat and have a backup plan.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:20 PM

We're safely back home again. We managed to connect with Kramster mid-week and test drive his new padauk X7, X10 and X30 (a full report is pending). But no one else from the forum reached out for our time there to try my X20 or X20-12. Maybe in March 2019 during the next trip south.....
Old 10-28-2018, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
We're safely back home again. We managed to connect with Kramster mid-week and test drive his new padauk X7, X10 and X30 (a full report is pending). But no one else from the forum reached out for our time there to try my X20 or X20-12. Maybe in March 2019 during the next trip south.....
We should be there in March - look forward to seeing you two again. And, you won't believe how Rufus has blossomed!
Old 10-29-2018, 04:09 PM

As I recover from the LONG road trip, my goal is to make the interval between runs as long as practical. But Mom ain't getting any younger, so March is pretty likely. SWMBO can fly down in late summer by herself, but I don't "airline" any more, and my days of flying the Cardinal are history.

We'd love to visit with Rufus again (oh, and you and Joan too ).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber