The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-04-2019, 05:05 PM

I've been in a long term monogamous relationship with Elixirs for at least 15 years (except for that brief dalliance I had with a free set of D'Addario Nickel Bronze.) And I use D'Addarios on my electrics.

So trying out some Ernie Ball strings almost feels like cheating, but with the above accolades I'm going to have to try these Aluminum Bronze strings on my little Fender.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie_D View Post
I've been in a long term monogamous relationship with Elixirs for at least 15 years (except for that brief dalliance I had with a free set of D'Addario Nickel Bronze.) And I use D'Addarios on my electrics.

So trying out some Ernie Ball strings almost feels like cheating, but with the above accolades I'm going to have to try these Aluminum Bronze strings on my little Fender.
Give them a few days to settle in and let us know how it turns out! You may be divorcing Elixirs after this escapade!!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion