The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 07-13-2020, 07:53 AM

Default Don Ross Asking for Support: Help Him Out!

Cutting and pasting from his Facebook page...

Hey there! Asking a fan favour.

Musicians are having to grapple with all or most of their live-in-person performance possibilities being cancelled until well into 2021 at the very least. This means that we'll have little-to-no chance to play live or to hear live music in 3D for a very long time.

That means everything has had to online, virtual and 2D.

I've been performing sponsored streaming concerts every month to six weeks, but it's not really enough to keep body and soul together.

My plan going forward is to perform more frequently doing live streams, as well as to create more music video content for various platforms.

I'm asking, for now, that you try to do me the favour of clicking the link below to my YouTube channel and SUBSCRIBE, but even more importantly, take a short time to watch a video or two while you're there. My ability to stream concerts to YouTube is partially dependent on having enough hours of viewership from fans. In order to get my hours up, and to be able to bring you live streaming content in the future, I need to ask that you do that simple thing. Won't cost a cent, and maybe you'll enjoy a few moments of music that you might just like!

Another great idea (thanks, Shane) is that you can make a playlist of all the videos on my site, and leave the playlist on autoplay in the background. That'll help immensely. :-)

Thank in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/user/DonRoss...6bjAvoTkJGFoeg

As you know, Don is one of the masters of fingerstyle and is part of the 'Candyrat' team.

A few clicks on his youtube channel help him make it through this challenging time!

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2020, 03:17 PM

No need to ask me - I am a long time subscriber to his youtube channel. His facebook posts are always interesting too, reading about his non-guitar related projects.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:13 PM

Sure. Easily done and potentially helpful. I clearly remember Don’s “First Ride” when it first came out. It hit me like a ton of brick and steered me to the wonderful world of alt tunings and to other stunning players like Michael Hedges, Preston Reed and others. I have seen Don live a number of times and I am happy to help him out in this small way.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:16 PM

Easily done. Good to be reminded what a masterpiece “Catherine” is. Glad to subscribe,too. Thanks for posting about this!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN