The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Default Patience is a virtue

Two orders through Reverb.
First, USPS tracking states theyre still waiting to accept package. Seller assures me it was dropped Monday.
Second order, UPS tracking shows package at Los Angeles all week.

I’m just gonna wait this out another week before starting to worry. Historically, those carriers would deliver here in three days from anywhere in lower 48.

The times they are a changin...
Old 08-07-2020, 06:30 PM
Charter Member

USPS has been having a ton of issues lately due to major cuts and other things happening behind the scenes. I have a few packages that have been somewhere in USPS possession for over 3 weeks now. One finally updated today to say that it had arrived in Los Angeles, the rest are still in limbo somewhere.

UPS and FedEx aren't dealing with the same governmental issues, but drivers from both have mentioned that they are even busier now than they were at the beginning of quarantine. They've basically been under siege for close to five months now.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:53 PM

They can't be any worse than Australia Post over here in Aus believe me. They are the most useless company in the history of this country. Any Aussie on here will confirm what i'm saying too.

I've ordered bits and pieces (guitar related and non guitar related) through eBay over the last couple months through express post as i always do, had to wait a week for something to turn up from only 50km's away (31 miles). absolute joke. So yeah I'm no stranger to long wait times through postage services I imagine they'd be alot more strained over there in the US. FedEx must be going like a bat out of hell these days.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Everything is taking longer, tracking is lagged or inaccurate, and overall care for shipments seems to be worse. See my latest NGD, where UPS was a day late and tried to drop and run on my signature required guitar with a heavily damaged box. Thankfully, the guitar was ok inside with only minor case damage, which I'm not going to pursue b/c UPS will certainly fight it until it's not worth my effort to get it resolved.

I have a food order, which includes some heat-sensitive items, and they missed their delivery quote on that too (was supposed to be Fri/Sat, but looking like Monday). I'm hoping that shipment isn't ruined, when it arrives.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:12 PM

I had a guitar, shipped FedEx from California, sit in Nashville for 54 hours the other day.... it arrived Thursday, very happy with the guitar. I could've driven to Nashville in less than 2 hours. Guitar #2 is sitting in Nashville right now, should be delivered Monday.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 PM

Like everything else the USPS has become a partisan political issue.
Gibson J200
Furch MC Yellow Gc-CR SPA
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD
Old 08-08-2020, 11:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Wayne View Post
I had a guitar, shipped FedEx from California, sit in Nashville for 54 hours the other day.... it arrived Thursday, very happy with the guitar. I could've driven to Nashville in less than 2 hours. Guitar #2 is sitting in Nashville right now, should be delivered Monday.
That's kinda how my guitar traveled. UPS tracking number assigned Monday, shipped from LA on Tuesday, arrived at the UPS facility only 20 minutes from my house at 1:30pm on Wednesday... where it sat in 100+ degree temps in a truck Wednesday, Thursday, and then finally delivered on Friday.

I contacted UPS about picking it up b/c I didn't want it sitting in the heat, and they advised it was impossible b/c there were "thousands of packages" on that same trailer (I work in Supply Chain, so I offered to do the math on that one), and that they missed my delivery quote b/c "there's a pandemic." I asked the same person if UPS was aware of the pandemic, when they originally quoted my delivery. Maybe that's when they decided to treat my guitar box like a football.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion