The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-30-2019, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
I don't visit often but I'm glad I did today!!! nice job as always Sage, That voice is still spot on!!!! I don't even care about your finger work although I'm sure its great but your voice just dominates it all!!! Kudos my friend!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbgit View Post
That was awesome, great guitar, great vocal!
Thank you very much Louie and plumbgit. Your kind words are encouraging and much appreciated.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:48 AM

Your vocals make that song which is not an extraordinary piece of music IMO.
I would love to hear your recording with some added tracks of other instruments. I'm thinking some strings for starters.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 10-02-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Your vocals make that song which is not an extraordinary piece of music IMO.
I would love to hear your recording with some added tracks of other instruments. I'm thinking some strings for starters.
Thank you rokdog. I don’t have any other instrument but will see what I can do. The original version is a heavy rock song and my cover is intended to be a mellow and simplified version. I do understand how it sounds almost naked as is.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:51 AM

Awesome job! This made me listen to some of your other songs. Very well done. What are you using to record? ( effects and tracking) I'm unfamiliar with all this new technology. 😂
Old 10-06-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustic Al View Post
Awesome job! This made me listen to some of your other songs. Very well done. What are you using to record? ( effects and tracking) I'm unfamiliar with all this new technology. 😂
Thank you Al. Glad you enjoyed it.

I’m using two mics plugged into an Apogee Duet interface straight into an Apple desktop. Doing everything in GarageBand that came free with the computer. Very basic chain for me, nothing fancy at all.

I’m most definitely an amateur as you can see but would be glad to private message you details if you want.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell